Private Istanbul tour: Topkapi Palace and Harem with tickets included
In a city of opulent, historical buildings, the Topkapi Palace is one of Istanbul’s finest relics of Ottoman history and architecture. On your private tour of the Topkapi Palace, you will:
- Enjoy the personalised attention of your private licensed guide
- Visit the Palace and Harem with skip-the-line tickets included in the tour price
- Expertly navigate through the hundreds of rooms of this magnificent Palace, home of the Ottoman sultans for nearly 400 years
- Visit the recently renovated Ottoman Imperial Harem
- Explore the Circumcision Room, the Library of Ahmed III and the Apartments of the Queen Mother.
- End the tour inside the Topkapi Palace by the treasury, home to the Spoonmaker's Diamond and the Topkapi Dagger, that you can explore at your own leisure.
Once the residence to countless Ottoman sultans from the 15th to the 19th century, the Topkapi Palace has been an operating museum since the early 20th century. With spectacular walls which encompass it, and four courts within it – each which served a different purpose, the museum and the history of the Ottomans it contains are best explored with a private guide. Once inside, you will have the chance to visit the Harem—the living quarters of the imperial family, where the rituals, traditions, and ceremonies of the royal family were performed. Your tour ends in the fabulous Treasury, where you will have the chance to explore further on your own.
Please note that in the Topkapi Palace photography is not permitted inside the exhibition halls and prams are prohibited. Please dress appropriately and bring covers for your knees and shoulders.