Explore Paris in a Vintage Car: Private Half-Day Driving Tour
Experience the highlights of Paris, the City of Lights and romance on this fabulous half-day private driving tour in a vintage 2CV with your expert driver guide.
On your private tour, you will:
- Drive around the monuments and neighbourhoods of Paris in a vintage car;
- Cruise along the famous Champs Elysées Avenue towards the Arc de Triomphe;
- Drive around Place de la Concorde, Les Invalides, Place Vendôme, Opera Garnier, the Musée d’Orsay, and the magnificent, still-standing, Cathedral de Notre Dame;
- Stop off for panoramic views of the city at various points with views across the domes and monuments of Paris;
- Take photos of the mighty Eiffel Tower at the best viewing platforms, and learn all about the most famous landmark of the city;
- Stop outside the Louvre for some fabulous snaps of the Pyramid and the stunning French Renaissance palace, former home to the kings and queens of France;
- Head up the hill to Montmartre, for wonderful panoramic views across the city;
- Enjoy the final stop in Montmartre and see the beautiful Sacre Coeur basilica;
- Wander through the bohemian, picturesque cobbled streets and artists' squares made famous by the Impressionists.
- End your tour at a place of choice where your driver will drop you off.
Paris – the city of lights! What better way to tour this most romantic of cities than on a driving tour in a vintage 2CV!
On this half tour of Parisian highlights, you’ll be picked up and dropped off at locations of your choice, then begin with a drive up the Champs Elysees. Paris’s famous shopping avenue, named for the Elysian Fields, culminates with the iconic Arc de Triomphe, a monument to those who fought and died during the Revolution, Napoleonic Wars, and World Wars.
Drive to Opera Garnier (site of ‘Phantom of the Opera’ for more snaps, and then the stunning Place Vendôme, home of the Paris Ritz, featuring a monument to commemorate the victory at Austerlitz in 1805. You’ll drive around Place de la Concorde (the largest square in the city), with its obelisk marking the location of the guillotine, under which King Louis XVI was executed.
Drive along the river Seine and see the beautiful Musée d’Orsay, a former train station turned art gallery, and of course, stop by the Louvre. The former royal palace of the French royals, with its modern glass pyramid and largest, is the grandest museum in Paris.
Explore the wonders of the Latin Quarter, where Hemingway lived, and be famed for its university and the Paris Pantheon. Stand in awe at the gothic masterpiece that is Notre Dame Cathedral – still standing despite the raging fire of 2019. See also the Conciergerie – a former palace, turned jail of the Revolution and today it is still the Paris judiciary.
Take in the outside beauty of Sainte Chappelle (featuring the most impressive stained glass windows in the world). Then, visit the quintessentially French Trocadero where you will have the opportunity to snap some beautiful photos and catch some great views of the world-famous Eiffel Tower.
To conclude this epic tour of the great city of Paris you will head up the hill to Montmartre and the Sacre Coeur Basilica that looks over the city. Here, you’ll be able to stroll along the cobbled streets of this most colourful and bohemian of neighbourhoods, where you will learn more about the fascinating life and works of Renoir, Picasso, Gauguin, and Van Gogh, all of whom lived and worked here. The perfect way to experience the city if you have limited time, and also a great way to find out what to focus on for the rest of your trip.
Tours can be adapted to suit your needs and interests – just get in contact with us!