Paris Je T'aime: A Half Day Highlights Tour
During this fabulous four hour walking tour of Paris you will explore the most interesting and diverse central neighbourhoods the French capital has to offer. See the sights at your own pace and adapt your tour with your guide who will be happy to offer suggestions based on your preferences.
- Visit the historical heart of Paris, Île de la Cité.
- See the Sainte-Chappelle chapel and the former Paris prison, the Conciergerie.
- Pay a visit to the symbolic Notre-Dame de Paris Cathedral.
- Explore the wonderful haunts of the Latin Quarter, just a short walk away.
- Learn about Paris' home of intellectual thought and see where the May '68 revolution unfolded.
- Visit the Tuileries Gardens, the Place de la Concorde and the Champs-Elysées.
- End your walking tour at the stunning Pont Alexander III bridge.
One of the two remaining natural islands in the Seine, the Île de la Cité, is considered the historic heart of Paris. The medieval city of Paris was refounded here with magnificent Sainte-Chapelle and the former prison, the Conciergerie. While on Île de la Cité, you will have time to walk around the hauntingly beautiful Notre-Dame de Paris Cathedral.
The Latin Quarter along the Left Bank was so named because, until the French Revolution, university students in the area spoke only Latin to their professors. You will visit this famed neighbourhood to immerse yourself in the Parisian atmosphere of yesteryear, whilst exploring the medieval streets and meandering through fantastic shops like Shakespeare and Company bookstore, Place Saint-Michel, and its gorgeous fountain.
City of Revolution
As the tour continues, you will learn little known facts about the French Revolution. You will be exploring the beautiful Tuileries Gardens and the Place de la Concorde, the site at which Louis XVI was beheaded during the French Revolution. Whilst here do not forget to look out for the magnificent Champs-Elysées, the most famous shopping avenue in the world. Lastly, you will stop off at the Pont Alexander III, the most beautiful bridge in Paris, where you can enjoy a splendid view of the Eiffel Tower and beyond to the majestic Seine. J’aime Paris.