Central Paris & Bohemian Montmartre: Full Day Highlights
Uncover the history and art of the quintessentially Parisian neighbourhoods on this tour.
- Begin crossing onto Île de la Cité.
- Pass into the Latin Quarter. Explore its colourful streets and back alleys.
- Amble through The Louvre courtyards, The Tuileries gardens & Place de la Concorde.
- Travel by metro to bohemian Montmartre, ascend to the highest point in Paris.
- See the Sacré Coeur, Van Gogh’s former home and the city's last Vineyard.
- Get well acquainted with the city's topography - all neighbourhoods and attractions in walking distance.
Begin your walking tour at the medieval Île de la Cité. This small island on the Seine is the most ancient point in Paris. Explore its crooked streets and marvel at Notre Dame's intricate interior and exterior. Pass over the famous ‘love locks bridge’ and into the Latin Quarter. Uncover its most flavoursome streets and treasures. Next reach the Louvre, marvel at the architecture and explore its numerous beautiful courtyards. Then pass through the Tuileries Gardens to the Place de la Concorde, the famous execution site of Louis XVI during the French Revolution.
The second part of your tour takes you to the bohemian Montmartre neighbourhood. By metro, you will quickly arrive at the steps of the Sacré Coeur. Ascend by tram or foot to the highest point in the city and take in the most spectacular, panoramic views. Explore Montmartre's vibrant streets, where artists and craftsmen sell their work. See where Vincent Van Gogh resided as a young man, and visit the last remaining vineyard in Paris. Finish the tour seeing the famous Moulin Rouge and its iconic neon windmill.