Explore Vienna's Central Cemetery: Private 2.5-hour Guided Tour
Enjoy a private 2.5-hour tour of Vienna's Central Cemetery including transportation throughout the tour that will facilitate exploring the vast Zentralfriedhof.
On your private tour, you will:
- Enjoy a hassle-free tour with a private vehicle and guide just for your group;
- Depart from central Vienna on a panoramic drive towards the Central Cemetery;
- Pass along the Danube Canal and hold for a quick photo stop at the Hundertwasser House;
- Visit the Central Cemetery of Vienna, one of the largest in Europe, and see the final resting places of several notable musicians, including Brahms, Strauss, and Beethoven, and Mozart's Memorial;
- See Viktor Frankl's grave and Theodor Herzl Memorial;
- Admire the Church of St. Charles Borromeo, the Cemetery's central architectural feature opened in 1911;
- Learn the history of the Presidential Tomb located just at the feet of the Church;
- Head back to Old town on a scenic drive along the Ring Road's iconic buildings;
- Pass by the Musikverein, Karlskirche, the Secession, the State Opera, the Museum of Fine Arts, the Museum of Natural History and the City Hall;
- Finish your tour in Judenplatz in Central Vienna, where your guide will happily give you recommendations for how to spend the rest of your time.
Vienna's Central Cemetery also known as Zentralfriedhof is the largest cemetery in the city, and one of the largest cemeteries in Europe covering an area of 495 acres with over 330.000 graves and tombs.
One of the most notable features of Vienna Central Cemetery is its many honorary graves. These are reserved for notable individuals who have made significant contributions to Austrian society, including composers, musicians, actors, scientists and politicians.
You will be picked up in a private vehicle, where your guide will take you on a panoramic tour of Vienna along the Danube Canal including a short photo stop at the Hundertwasser House.
As you arrive at Vienna's Central Cemetery, you will discover its ground on a guided tour of the main highlights including the tombs and memorials of Vienna’s famous composers and impressive works of Architecture too.
Afterwards, you will enjoy a hassle-free panoramic trip to central Vienna where your tour ends.