Christmas at Belvedere: Private Tour of the Upper Palace & Market
One of the finest examples of Baroque architecture and an extensive Baroque art collection, the spectacular Belvedere Palace is a must-see, whether it’s your first or tenth trip to Vienna.
On your private tour of the Belvedere Palace, you will:
- Tour the magnificent Baroque Belvedere Park, one of Europe’s most significant French Style historical gardens;
- Marvel at the Palace views across the Belvedere lake;
- Enjoy the Upper Garden offering panoramic views of Vienna's skyline and the surrounding hills;
- Explore the Upper Belvedere Palace (tickets included), one of Vienna's must-see attractions, and a UNESCO site;
- See the world's most extensive collection of Gustav Klimt paintings, including the world-famous "The Kiss";
- Admire the works of Ferdinand Georg Waldmüller, one of the most important Austrian painters of the Biedermeier period;
- Must-see works include paintings by Egon Schiele and Oskar Kokoschka, as well as a range of Baroque art and sculptures;
- See Franz Xaver Messerschmidt's famous "Character heads", a collection of busts that depict exaggerated facial expressions;
- Enjoy a guided tour of the museum’s Christmas Market, where you can enjoy the best of Vienna’s holiday treats and traditions;
- Finish your tour in the Christmas Market, where you will be free to further explore at your own pace.
The palace-turned-museum in 1781 is one of the oldest public museums in the world. Known for its sweeping grounds and spectacular design, the museum itself is home to an impressive collection of modernist art, where enthusiasts can see Klimt’s “The Kiss” in person.
In addition to seeing the two dozen Klimt pieces housed in the museum, your private guide will also introduce you to works by Ferdinand Georg Waldmüller and Franz Xaver Messerschmidt, which are also housed in the museum. You will also spend extensive time exploring the magnificent gardens, which have mesmerising symmetrical and geometric designs, framed by cherubic statues along each pathway.
Your tour finishes in the Christmas Market, where your guide will show you the best of Viennese holiday traditions, before leaving you to explore at your leisure.
Please note: this tour only runs during the palace's Christmas Market season.