Private Tour of the Belvedere Palace, Gardens, and Christmas Market
One of the finest examples of Baroque architecture and extensive Baroque art collection, the spectacular Belvedere Palace is a must-see, whether it’s your first or tenth trip to Vienna. On your private tour of Belvedere Palace, you will:
- Enjoy skip-the-line tickets and personalized attention of this private tour with an expert licensed guide.
- Explore the Upper Belvedere Palace, one of Vienna's most visited tourist attractions, and a UNESCO site.
- Tour the magnificent Baroque Belvedere Park, one of Europe’s most significant French Style historical gardens.
- See the world's largest collection of Gustav Klimt paintings, including the world-famous "The Kiss", and that of Ferdinand Georg Waldmüller, one of the most important Austrian painters of the Biedermeier period.
- Enjoy a guided tour of the museum’s Christmas Market, where you can enjoy the best of Vienna’s holiday treats and traditions.
- Finish your tour in the Christmas Market, where you will be free to further explore at your own pace.
The palace-turned-museum in 1781is one of the oldest public museums in the world. Known for its sweeping grounds and spectacular design, the museum itself is home to an impressive collection of modernist art, where enthusiasts can see Klimt’s “The Kiss” in person.
In addition to seeing the two dozen Klimt pieces housed in the museum, your private guide will also introduce you to works by Ferdinand Georg Waldmüller and Franz Xaver Messerschmidt, which are also housed in the museum. You will also spend extensive time exploring the magnificent gardens, which have mesmerizing symmetrical and geometric designs, framed by cherubic statues along each pathway.
Your tour finishes in the Christmas Market, where your guide will show you the best of Viennese holiday traditions, before leaving you to explore at your leisure.
Please note: this tour only runs during the palace's Christmas Market season, from November 20th through December 31st.