Vienna in a Day: Private Tour including Panoramic Drive
Discover the best of Vienna’s highlights on a private, full-day guided tour, with all entrance tickets included and a panoramic drive around the city.
On your private tour, you will:
- Start your day with a private guided tour of Schönbrunn Palace, with tickets included for the Grand Tour, which gives you access to over 40 rooms;
- Explore the elegant State Rooms of the Imperial Monarchy, the private apartments, and the gold-decorated Great Gallery;
- Visit the spectacularly manicured gardens, where your guide will show you the main highlights;
- Then, enjoy an hour break for lunch at a choice of places recommended by your guide (the price of lunch not included);
- Following your visit to the Schönbrunn Palace, enjoy a driving tour of Vienna’s highlights in a private vehicle;
- Pass by the Belvedere Palace, the State Opera house, the House of Parliament, the City Hall, the Giant Wheel of Vienna, the Danube River, and more!
- Enjoy a guided walking tour of Vienna's Old Town, where you’ll see the iconic St Stephen’s Cathedral and the intricate Ankerclock;
- Hear about The Holy Trinity Monument built in gratitude for the end of the Great Plague and the Turkish War, which ravaged the city in the 17th century;
- Explore the old Jewish district, home to the haunting Holocaust Monument, also known as the "Nameless Library";
- Visit Heldenplatz, the "Heroes' Square" in German, surrounded by monumental buildings and landmarks including the Neue Burg, built as an extension of the Hofburg Palace;
- Learn about the Spanish Riding School, home to the world-renowned Lipizzaner horses;
- Admire Augustine Church, a 14th-century stunning building in Gothic architecture;
- Your tour finishes at Buggarten, where you will see Mozart's Monument, and then be free to explore the park at your leisure.
Your private tour starts with the best of the imperial experience, including experiencing what life would have been like as a guest of Emperor Franz Joseph and his wife, Elisabeth. Your guide will take you through the best of the Rococo Staterooms in the palace, and the 22 rooms the emperor’s family occupied, and see the wide variety of furnishings and styles enjoyed by the royal family.
As you walk through the Great Gallery, your guide will show you the best of its antiquities, including the Chinese Cabinets, and the magnificent Hall of Ceremonies. Your tour continues into the part of the castle where the Hapsburgs’ only female ruler, Maria Theresa, lived in the 18th century. After, your guide will take you to the spectacular gardens, where you will enjoy the guided highlights.
Then, enjoy lunch at your own leisure before departing on a highlight driving tour of Vienna, where you will see the Belvedere Palace, the State Opera house, the House of Parliament, the sparkling Danube River, the Gian Wheel of Vienna and more!
Your driving tour finishes at the Old Town where you will enjoy a guided tour of the historic district. The architectural finery of Vienna's historic centre is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, a bounty of Gothic, Romanesque, Baroque, Art Deco, and "Jugendstil" architecture under the gaze of the 370-foot steeple of St. Stephen's Cathedral.
Admire the iconic St. Stephen's Cathedral, pass by the Anker Clock, hear about The Holy Trinity Monument, and stroll around the Jewish Quarter to see the "Nameless Library" monument. Continue to Micheler Platz and discover the Hofburg Palace and the Spanish Riding School before heading to Burggarten.
After visiting Mozart's Monument at Burggarten park, you are free to continue to explore the site at your leisure.