Changing of the Guard, Westminster & Tower of London: Full-Day Tour
Experience a full-day private tour of London's spectacular Royal landmarks with a private and knowledgeable Blue Badge guide and discover the most popular sites including the Tower of London, the best of Westminster and the opportunity to see the Changing of the Guard.
On your private full-day tour, you will:
- Visit Parliament Square and see the famous Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey (from the outside only);
- Walk through St James’s Park, see the giant marble memorial to Queen Victoria in front of Buckingham Palace and follow the famous Changing of the Guard parade;
- See St James's Palace and Horse Guards Parade;
- Walk along Whitehall to see number 10 Downing Street and through Trafalgar Square;
- Enjoy a scenic boat ride along the Thames with views of St Paul’s Cathedral and the Globe Theatre;
- Explore the Tower of London, a former royal castle turned traitor's prison;
- Go round the White Tower, the armoury and mint;
- Step inside the dungeons and torture chambers, walk the battlements and visit the Chapel Royal;
- Learn about the Princes in the Tower, Henry VIII and the fate of his wives Anne Boleyn and Catherine Howard, the young Lady Jane Grey, Sir Walter Raleigh, and many others;
- Meet the ravens and the Beefeaters or Yeoman Warders who guard the Tower;
- Admire the dazzling Crown Jewels;
- End outside the Jewel House where you are free to explore more at your own leisure or exit the Tower with your guide.
Please note: that the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace normally happens on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturday, but this is subject to change and weather conditions. On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays you will see the changing of the Horseguards at Horse Guards Parade on Whitehall.
The tour begins at 10 a.m. every day except Sunday when it begins at 9.15 a.m.
Enjoy Royal London on this fantastic day tour that begins in the heart of Westminster, follows the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace and ends with the sight of the dazzling Crown Jewels at the Tower of London.
Meet your guide at Westminster for a tour outside the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and Westminster Abbey. Learn about the political history of Parliament Square and its relationship to The Crown. Westminster Abbey has been the site of 38 coronations since 1066, and numerous royal weddings and funerals, including the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, and Her Majesty The Queen's state funeral.
From Westminster, wander up Birdcage Walk where you will follow the pomp and pageantry of the Changing of the Guard ceremony. Follow the Guardsmen and military band, with their famous red coats and black bearskin hats to Buckingham Palace. Head into Trafalgar Square, via Horseguards Parade, and along Whitehall - the political nerve centre of the UK and the address of 10 Downing Street - home to the British Prime Minister.
Enjoy a scenic boat ride along the Thames to Tower Bridge. You'll get to see London and Waterloo Bridges, the London Eye, the Globe, the skyscrapers, and St Paul’s Cathedral from the boat.
Your guide will then accompany you to St. Katherine's Docks for lunch (not included), after which you will enjoy an exclusive private tour of the infamous Tower of London, with reserved tickets included.
Then it's time to enter the Tower of London! Walk past Traitor's Gate and discover the many stories and scandals hidden within the walls of this ancient building. It was formerly a moated royal palace, that became an armoury, a royal mint, a zoo... and most famously the traitor's prison! You'll meet the Beefeaters and the ravens who guard the Tower and discover the stories behind some of the Tower's most famous prisoners from the young Princes in the Tower to Queen Anne Boleyn and Lady Jane Grey whose graffiti you can still see in her prison cell.
Explore the White Tower, the oldest part of the fortress, walk the battlements, enter the torture chambers (if you dare!) and visit the Chapel Royal of St Peter ad Vincula, where some very famous queens are buried.
Best of all, you will be able to admire the dazzling Crown Jewels which are kept behind extensive security in the aptly-named Jewel House.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the strict security measures in place and the moving viewing platform, your guide cannot accompany you but will wait for you at the exit.
End your tour inside the Tower to explore more at your leisure - or return to modern life with your guide!