Kensington and The Victoria & Albert Museum Private Tour
Join this tour through the elite streets of West London, the home of billionaire emigres, financiers, and aristocracy.
- Become acquainted with two prim-and-proper neighbourhoods that house the city’s elite.
- Experience the heritage and history of the neighbourhood’s gleaming facades and celebrated museums.
- Visit the pristine gardens outside of Kensington Palace.
- See The Victoria and Albert Museum, the world's largest museum of decorative arts and design that houses a collection of over 4.5 million objects.
- Learn how these two neighbourhoods have been transformed over the past 100 years.
- Your tour finishes with a visit Hyde Park where you will see some of Kensington Palace's sprawling public gardens.
Once renowned for its wild criminality, this area is now a playground for the rich, and synonymous with luxury brands such as Harrods. But unknown to many, it is a love story that truly drives the history of this area - the relationship between Queen Victoria and her Consort, Prince Albert. Join this tour to learn more about the Royal couple and the buildings they left behind them here in London’s ‘Albertopolis.’
You will learn of the life and times of Queen Victoria and her husband Albert - the world in which they lived, the beginning, course, and ending of their marriage, and influence they had on wider society. Your tour continues at the Victoria and Albert Museum - which celebrates art and design, its 13 acres – that’s over 52,000 square metres – contain 145 galleries that span a colossal 5,000 years of applied arts. The impressive museum displays artefacts, furniture, paintings, textiles, ceramics, costumes, prints, ironwork, photos, and much more besides. In total, it houses over 4.5 million objects.
On this tour you will see some of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, and hear the stories behind world famous luxury institutions such as Harrods. Travelling along Exhibition Road - named for the Great Exhibition of 1851, a landmark event in the history of London - you will learn of the fascinating histories of some of London’s most important centres of intellectual excellence. Your tour finishes in Hyde Park, where your guide will give you some of the history of the park and orient you, so that you don't get lost in its' 350 acres.