Bridgerton Inspired Private tour: London Mayfair & Changing of the Guard
Bordering leafy Hyde Park in the heart of London, Mayfair is an area filled with smart Georgian townhouses and architecture, luxury hotels, modern art galleries and designer shops. The Bridgerton series was said to be set in luxurious Mayfair, filled with smart Georgian townhouses, which is walking distance of Buckingham Palace and the famous Changing of the Guard which you'll see during your Bridgerton Inspired Private Tour in London.
On your private tour, you will:
- Be delighted with quirky stories about royal London and its lengthy history.
- See the historic Changing of the Guard, where you can experience one of the most visible traditions of The Crown at its finest.
- Immerse yourself in the world we've recreated, inspired by Bridgerton, as you see sites referenced throughout the show
- See Spencer House - one of the homes to Georgiana Duchess of Devonshire 1757-1806, played by Keira Knightly in the movie.
- Hear about the country’s famous Lords and Ladies, including seeing the hotel founded by the butler to Lord and Lady Byron. 8 St James’s Street - home to Lady Caroline Lamb (1785-1828) and Byron.
- Visit unassuming Berkeley Square, and see the place where Churchill lived as a child.
- Wander the marketplace of Mayfair, and a tea shop, which was a Regency pick-up joint!
During your private tour you’ll walk the streets of Mayfair passing by original townhouses and iconic buildings which featured in Bridgerton. You’ll learn about Mother Needham, the most prominent brothel keeper of the 18th-century and find out who was responsible for the development of the affluent area of St James’s. Your guide will take you on a walk through Piccadilly past many great and important houses of Regency England; you may be surprised to hear about the house prices in this area. Mayfair is where Jeffrey Archer, an English writer, former politician and convicted perjurer opened and then subsequently closed an art gallery. You’ll learn about different Gentlemen’s Clubs and the famous Clermont Set. You’ll walk past Buckingham Palace, home to the Queen and hear about the Changing of the Guard a ceremony which takes place every other day where The Queen's Guard hands over responsibility for protecting Buckingham Palace and St. James's Palace to the New Guard.
Please note: This tour will include the Changing of the Guard only on the 10.30am tour on days in which the ceremony happens. See calendar here https://www.householddivision.org.uk/changing-the-guard-calendar