Private Versailles Palace & Gardens Tour with Paris Hotel pick-up
When visiting Paris, the Palace of Versailles should absolutely be at the top of your to-do list. It is one of France’s most visited attractions and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This fantastic tour of Versailles will introduce you to the splendour and tragedy that surrounds one of the most enigmatic, and indeed the largest royal palaces in the world. Here you will witness the beautiful achievements of 18th-century French art that remained symbols of absolute monarchy for more than a century. On your private tour of Versailles, you will:
- Travel in comfort with private return transportation from central Paris.
- Learn about French royalty and the Palace of Versailles impressive Baroque architecture.
- See the best of the palace, including the Royal Chapel, Hall of Mirrors, Peace Room, War Room, and the King’s Grand Apartments.
- Relax and take in the awesome beauty of the Gardens of Versailles.
- On select days when running, enjoy the splendour of the Musical Fountains shows in the garden.
- After a tour of the famed gardens, enjoy an easy, private transfer back to Paris.
- This tour is free for children up to age 11 (inclusive).
- This tour includes the use of mandatory headsets for groups of 5 or more.
- Please note: the Musical Fountain show runs from April to October on weekends, and on select Tuesdays and Fridays.
As you explore this supreme symbol of royal power, your expert licensed guide will introduce you to the impressive Baroque architecture, extensive works of art, and period furniture that fills the palace. You will discover the most famous parts of the Palace, such as Versailles' Royal Chapel, the Hall of Mirrors, and the King's Grand Apartments.
After exploring the decadent interior of the estate, relax and take in the awesome beauty of the Gardens at Versailles – the grandest example of classical French landscaping anywhere in France. Strewn with many beautiful statues and colossal fountains, the and its Grand Canal will be sure to leave you awestruck. On select days, enjoy the Musical Fountains show, which incorporates sound into the beauty of the garden. Generally, the show runs from April through October, on weekends and some Tuesdays and Fridays. On days when the show is not on, your guide will take you on a walking tour through the Gardens, after which you will return to Paris via private transportation.