Discover The City of Music: Private Vienna's Music History Tour
Immerse yourself in Vienna's music history, also known as the City of Music, on a private guided tour of two of Vienna’s spectacular museums dedicated to the musicians who have called the city home.
On your private music tour of Vienna, you will:
- Visit Mozart House (Mozarthaus), the only surviving Viennese residence, where he lived with his family, welcomed students and friends and wrote the "Figaro" Opera;
- Learn about Mozart's life, friends, and the intellectual environment in 18th-century Vienna;
- Tour the exhibition dedicated to Mozart’s operas, where you will explore his genius;
- Visit the House of Music Museum, where you will walk through the historically preserved rooms, where Otto Nicolai lived, composed the opera "The Merry Wives of Windsor“, and founded the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra;
- Re-discover the musical genius of famed composers such as Beethoven, Mozart, Schubert, Strauss, Mahler, and Schönberg, who lived in Vienna and gave the city its worldwide reputation as a City of Music;
- End the tour inside the House of Music, where you can try your hand at conducting the famed Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, and continue exploring the interactive exhibits at your own leisure.
Known the world over as the City of Music, Vienna was the home or workplace of some of the world’s most notable composers, including Brahms, Schubert, Mahler, Schönberg, Strauss, Beethoven, and of course, Mozart.
On your private tour, you will start by immersing yourself in the world of Mozart, where you will tour the only remaining residence of his thirteen in the city. See the apartment where he once lived, taught students, and welcomed friends.
Then, visit one of Vienna’s most interactive museums – the House of Music – where you and your private guide will examine the powerful physiological and emotional effect of music, from enharmonic key changes to amplify moods and rhythmic pace to heighten endorphins or promote contemplation.
Your tour will end at the House of Music, where you will have the chance to continue exploring at your leisure.