Private Walking Tour of Vienna's Music History, with tickets to the House of Music
Vienna’s rich classical tradition attracts legions of musical devotees to the city where Haydn, Beethoven, Brahms, Schubert, Strauss, and Mozart perfected their art. On your private tour, you will:
- Enjoy the personalized attention of your private licensed guide
- Be thoroughly oriented in the city's historic center, ideal for families and first-time visitors!
- See Vienna's most important cultural and political sites, including Rathausplatz (City Hall Square), Maria Theresien Platz, Heldenplatz (Heroes Square), the Hofburg Presidential Palace, St. Stephen's Cathedral, and Mozart's House to name just a few!
- Explore the old Jewish district, home to the haunting Holocaust Monument, also known as the "Nameless Library".
- Finish your tour at the House of Music (tickets included), filled with exciting interactive exhibits that you are free to explore at your own pace.
Synonymous with the syncopated waltz that bears its name, Vienna owes much of its music heritage to the Habsburg dynasty and the excellent creative environment provided by the imperial court for visionary musical talent. Great composers were drawn to Vienna to pen immortal works in a honing ground for musical visionaries.
This fascinating half-day highlights tour will take you to Vienna’s most compelling attractions in a city crowded with glittering gilded palaces, monuments, bronze statues, grand mansions, and dome-topped royal buildings. As one of Europe's grandest capitals, Vienna is rich in handsome architecture and cultural relics that reflect the city’s storied history.
On your walking tour, you will explore the best of the city’s architecture, including the Austrian Parliament Building, the Alte Burg, the Spanish Riding School, and the Austrian National Library. The architectural finery of Vienna's historic center is a UNESCO World Heritage site, a bounty of Gothic, Romanesque, Baroque, Art Deco, and "Jugendstil" architecture under the gaze of the 370-foot steeple of St. Stephen's Cathedral.
Your tour finishes at the House of Music Museum, where your guide will leave you to enjoy skip-the-line entrance to the museum, and you can try your hand at conducting the famed Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, then continue exploring the interactive exhibits at your own leisure.