Excursion to Olympic Mountain National Park
As one of the most diverse ecosystems in the United States, Olympic National Park holds much for the outdoor enthusiast. Snowcapped mountains are met with old-growth forests stretching down to sandy beaches. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is on a remote peninsula nestled along the Pacific Ocean, and its unique biosphere boasts jagged mountain peaks, gorgeous wildlife, and glaciers.
On your day-long excursion to Olympic National Park, you will:
- Meet your guide around 7:30 am pick-up from your hotel, and ride to the small town of Port Angeles - the gateway into Olympic National Park. Breakfast will be provided for you, so no need to wake up earlier than required.
- Venture into one of the highlights of the park, Hurricane Ridge. Here you will ascend over 5,000 feet, enjoying panoramic views of the Olympic Mountain Range and several glaciers.
- Walk a few short loops around the area, such as Big Meadow and High Ridge, catching glimpses of wildlife like marmots, deer, birds of prey, and chipmunks.
- Enjoy a fresh, local lunch and wine, provided along with water and snacks throughout the day.
- Visit Lake Crescent, surrounded by old-growth forests and snow-capped mountains.
- Enjoy an easy, scenic hike to Marymere Falls (a 1-mile hike to the falls).
- Return to Seattle, with hotel drop-off, around 7:30 pm.
Your small group excursion (you and up to 9 others) will take a full day, as you are driven to the highlights of what make Olympic National Park so special. The entire tour consists of a few hikes, amounting to roughly 4.5 miles of easy to moderate hiking, with lots of breaks as needed. After Hurricane Ridge, you will stop for lunch, where your guide can recommend the best places to eat. For this tour, dress in layers, as the weather patterns can vary throughout the day. Hiking boots are recommended, though not required, and the hikes require minimal levels of fitness. Return to Seattle at approximately 7:30 pm.
Please note - this tour is not available for children under the age of 10, due to the hiking and walking distances. For all children under the age of 18, please notify us at the time of booking of the participating children's ages.