Private Half Day Highlights of Chicago, with the Hancock Tower Observation Deck
Located in America’s Midwest along the Great Lakes shoreline, Chicago - known colloquially as the Windy City - occupies America’s third-largest metropolitan area: a huge vibrant expanse packed with incredible history and architecture and fine public art. Discover the compelling character of America’s third-largest city, renowned for its jazz-and-blues heritage, striking architecture, historic streets and fine array of public art. On your private half-day tour, you will:
- Explore the leafy trails and green space of tree-lined Millennium Park
- See ‘The Bean’ and other sculptures synonymous with Chicago
- Marvel at the bright lights, waterfront views and entertainment options at Navy Pier
- Discover how Lake Michigan has helped shape the city
- Admire the upscale shopping and luxury boutiques of prestigious Magnificent Mile
- Enjoy a slice of mouth-watering Chicago-style deep dish pizza
- Marvel at views of Chicago’s skyline from atop the Hancock Tower Observation Deck.
When it was founded in 1837, Chicago’s early buildings were clustered around the mouth of the Chicago River. On your Private Chicago Half Day Highlights tour, explore the city famed for its bold architecture, past and present, incredible museums, and innovations in a wide variety of fields, from natural history and building to food and science. As the home of the second-tallest building in the Western Hemisphere, Chicago is also where White Castle, America’s ubiquitous cream-filled pastry - the Twinkie, and spray paint were invented.
On your Private Chicago Half Day Highlights tour, visit all the city’s major sites, including favourites such as the Magnificent Mile, Navy Pier, Millennium Park and Hancock Tower. Your guide is a local who has plenty of tales about Chicago life together with an in depth knowledge of its character. As you journey down the Magnificent Mile, you will learn how Chicago has earned each of its nicknames, including: the City of Broad Shoulders, the Second City, and of course, the Windy City. Over a slice of deep dish pizza, you can decide for yourself why Chicagoans rave about their iteration of this classic. Lastly, your guide will escort you to the Hancock Tower to bid your adieus. You will then travel to the top of the Hancock Tower’s Observation Deck, where you can enjoy the 360 degree views of the entire city.