Private Excursion to Blue Ridge Mountains
The Blue Ridge Mountains are one of the oldest ranges in the world, arising from tectonic plates colliding hundreds of millions of years ago. With misty mountains, winding roads, and sprawling green vistas, the blue mountain parkway is one of America's most beautiful drives. On your private excursion to the Blue Ridge Mountains you will:
- Enjoy hotel pick up from your hotel in Asheville or meet your guide at Trade and Lore, where you can enjoy a coffee before being whisked away to the historic mountains.
- Drive along a part of the most scenic and beautiful strip of the Blue Ridge Parkway, which stretches across 470 miles and 8 states.
- Learn have been home to people dating back nearly 12,000 years ago, and includes the Iroquois, Shawnee, and Cherokee tribes.
- Explore the Pisgah National Forest, with hiking trails for people of all experience.
- Discuss the range's recent history (the last 400 years) and how European trappers - later American revolutionaries and colonizers - made their homes in the mountains.
- See Mount Mitchell - the highest point east of the Mississippi river.
- Visit the town of Blowing Rock - the turnaround point for your tour - with its unique geological features and breathtaking views of the forests for which the range is famous.
- Enjoy stops at quaint towns along the way - like Black Rock and Swannanoa - where you can picture what an idyllic mountain life may be like for you.
The Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina are stunning no matter the season - with fresh blossoms in the spring, rushing waterfalls in the summer, rusty autumnal colors in the fall, and peaceful snow cover in winter. On your private excursion, your guide will take you through the mountains on the Blue Ridge Parkway, where you will enjoy several scenic highlights and have the opportunity to hike, should you wish to. You will stop for lunch (price not included) in a quaint town, where your guide will recommend a place for the best Southern food and hospitality. After a day spent exploring the towns dotting the highway and the striking geological features of the ridge, your guide will drive you back to your hotel in Asheville.
Please note: depending on traffic and weather, this tour runs between six and eight hours.