The Best of Asheville: Private Full-Day Tour
Explore Asheville, a beautiful, artsy, relaxed and Bohemian city with a small-town vibe in western North Carolina’s Blue Ridge Mountain. On your private full-day tour, you will:
- Enjoy the personal attention of your expert private guide and the convenience of a luxury, chauffeured vehicle.
- Discover the Bohemian charm of downtown Asheville with its many cafes, galleries and boutiques.
- Explore the eclectic architecture and many historic buildings that were saved from demolition.
- Admire the dome-topped Basilica of Saint Lawrence.
- Take a stroll down the South Slope Brewing District, which made Asheville the brewery capital of America.
- Tour the surrounding communities of Montford, America's First Suburb, developed from 1895-to 1910.
- Explore Biltmore Village, a quaint and leafy artsy village just outside the entrance to the 19th century Biltmore Estate designed and developed by Richard Morris Hunt and George Vanderbilt.
- Discover the renowned River Arts District, a grand re-purposed manufacturing district of 300+ artist's studios, galleries & workshops along a one-mile stretch of the beautiful French Broad River; which bisects the City.
- Visit a small portion of the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Folk Arts Center for some retail shopping, if time allows.
Asheville is a beautiful place, situated in the Blue Ridge Mountains, and renowned for its vibrant arts scene, outdoor activities and stunning mountain vistas. On your private full-day tour, you’ll mix it up with driving between destinations, and strolling around Asheville’s various neighbourhoods to soak up the atmosphere and admire the historic architecture.
The Downtown Art District is a lively hub of cafes, galleries and museums, you’ll walk past more than 200 locally-owned shops and galleries where you will find everything from pottery and paintings to essential oils, arts and crafts, clothes and shoes.
You’ll be able to admire the contrast between Asheville’s historic architecture like the basilica of Saint Lawrence and the many artists’ studios housed in former factories along with the River Arts District.
Asheville is perhaps most famous as the home of novelist Thomas Wolfe, and for the vast 19th century Biltmore Estate – owned by the Vanderbilt family. Opposite the entrance to this 8000-acre estate is the charming, leafy Biltmore Village. Originally the village of stucco cottages was built to house the estate’s employees; today it is filled with upscale boutiques, craft breweries and farm to table restaurants.