Uncover the Dark Side of Stirling: Private 2- hour Walking Tour
Originally created as a sold-out Halloween special event, explore the darker side of Stirling's past on this fascinating and often spine-chilling tour of the medieval city's nooks and crannies, outside the castle, and cemetery.
On your private tour, you will:
- Explore the medieval streets of Stirling - the city that became known as the key battleground of Scotland;
- Discover the darker history of the city from unsolved murders, to graverobbers and ghosts;
- Wander down spooky alleyways, past the jail, and through the graveyard to uncover ghostly and ghastly secrets of the past;
- Hear about the infamous witch trials of Stirling;
- Learn about the killer plague known as the black Death that swept through the city;
- Walk through the gothic and atmospheric Holy Rude Cemetery and hear about the graverobbers of Stirling;
- Find out about the Stirling not written about in the history books on this fascinating tour of its secret, darker history!
Stirling is an epic medieval city overlooked by its famously imposing castle, built onto a towering volcanic cliff. Stirling was known as the "key to Scotland" during the Wars for Scottish Independence and is famous for the decisive Scottish victories at Stirling Bridge and Bannockburn - led by the legendary heroic leaders, William Wallace and Robert the Bruce. But this tour explores the darker side of Stirling! On this tour, you'll hear spooky tales of the graverobbers in the gothic Hude Cemetery, as well as eerie stories of the Plague; you'll learn about the grim conditions in the jail - as well as its many ghost stories. You'll hear all about the witch trials in Scotland - and what happened right here in Stirling, as well as the haunted history of the castle.
Graverobbers, ghosts, witches, and unsolved murders - this tour has it all!