City of Spies: Discover London's Espionage History Private Tour
Immerse yourself in one of the world’s largest centres of international trade, finance, geopolitics, and espionage history. Journey through London's role in the Cold War, the origins of MI5, MI6 and Churchill's role in WWII bringing down the Nazi regime.
On your private City of Spies tour, you will:
- Experience the worlds of fiction and reality, uncovering hidden places, bunkers, and luxury hotels.
- Hear stories of double agents and plots to overthrow the government at some of the most powerful institutions in Westminster, including Downing Street, Whitehall, and Westminster Palace.
- Follow in the footsteps of the key double agents in the Cold War, such as Kim Philby, Donald Maclean, and Guy Burgess - and ask if there was an unidentified "Fifth Man".
- Learn about the extraordinary life of Sir Mansfield Cumming, the first director of the Secret Intelligence Service (SIS), known as MI6.
- Finish your tour with a drink included at the Caxton Bar where, during WWII, MI5, SIS and Naval Intelligence Division officers such as 007 author Ian Fleming himself met their agents.
In this unique experience, you will walk by and learn about many of the protagonist buildings and sites where these world-changing events have taken place.
Your guide will mesmerise you with stories that seem more like Le Carré novels than real life. Of course, these stories are not confined to the Second World War and Cold War History, as foreign operatives in London continue to make splashes across global headlines.
Venture out onto the streets of Westminster and discover the area's colourful history of espionage, dirty politics and death. The toppling of regimes, battle against ideology and revolution have all been orchestrated and exercised along these streets. Revisit the setting of infamous covert operations, traitorous meetings involving double agents and murder plots.
Along your walking tour, you will retrace the steps of Britain's most famous spies, enjoy the remarkable tales that later inspired Ian Fleming’s James Bond novels, and hear of the extraordinary success of the Cambridge Spy ring.
Come and enjoy this unique experience, but please be discreet, the information given on this tour is classified...