City of Spies Private Walking Tour; Espionage in London (+ free drink)
On your private tour, let us bring to life the enigmatic espionage history of London.
Capital to the world's largest empire, thriving centre of international trade and finance - London has long attracted spies . This tour will explore their stories
This exciting experience has been created exclusively to bring you on a fascinating journey through London's role in the Cold War, the origins of MI5, MI6 and Churchill's role in bringing down the Nazi regime.
- Experience the worlds of fiction and reality, uncovering hidden places, bunkers, luxury hotels, and fall in love with the romance and betrayal of spies.
- Hear tales of Ian Fleming wrote part of the James Bond series, while working as a naval intelligence officer nearby and learn the hotel's unique spy history.
- Hear stories of double agents and plots to overthrow the government at some of the most powerful institutions in Westminster, including Downing Street, Whitehall, Westminster Palace, MI5, and MI6.
- Follow in the footsteps of the key double agents in the Cold War, such as Kim Philby, Donald Maclean, Guy Burgess, and George Blake - and ask if there was an undiscovered 'Fifth Man'
- Learn about the extraordinary life of Sir Mansfield Cumming, the first director of the Secret Intelligence Service (SIS), known as MI6.
On this unique experience you will walk by and learn about many of the protagonist buildings and sites where these world changing events have taken place. Your guide is an expert in spy history and will mesmerise you with stories that seem more like Le Carré novels than real life. Of course, these stories are not confined to the Second World War and Cold War History, as Russian operatives in London continue to make splashes across global headlines.
Venture out onto the streets of Westminster and discover the area's colourful history of espionage, dirty politics and death. The toppling of regimes, battle against ideology and revolution have all been orchestrated and exercised along these streets. Revisit the setting of infamous covert operations, traitorous meetings involving double agents and murder plots. See the headquarters of MI6 Secret Service and New Scotland Yard past and present.
Along your walking tour, you will retrace the steps of Britain's most famous spies, enjoy the remarkable tales that later inspired Ian Fleming’s James Bond novels, and hear of the extraordinary success of the Cambridge Spy ring.
Come and enjoy this unique experience but please be discreet, the information given on this tour is classified...