Private Walking Tour of Liverpool
Discover the hometown of the Fab Four, and a city of industrial innovation that is rich in arts, music, culture and architecture and blessed with resplendent historic landmarks. On your private walking tour of Liverpool, you will:
- Discover the birthplace of the Merseybeat sound and Beatlemania in a city that has music at its heart
- Understand Liverpool’s role in the arts, music, culture, and architecture, as well as place in the history of industrial innovation
- Admire the dazzling architectural splendour of some of Europe’s most grand Listed heritage buildings, such as the city’s ‘Three Graces’
- See how Liverpool’s maritime past, and strategic river-meets- the-sea influenced its unique culture
- Marvel at notable landmarks, part of the city’s UNESCO World Heritage Site, including the Pier Head and St George's Quarter.
As the birthplace of the Beatles, Liverpool is synonymous with the world’s most musically influential band and the Beatlemania phenomena. On this fascinating private walking tour of Liverpool, we will discover an extraordinary city that not only produced the Fab Four but also pioneered the arts, culture, architecture and industrial innovation. Our first stop is the Royal Albert Dock area, built in 1846 as the world’s first non-combustible warehouse system. Today, this fine collection of Grade I listed buildings forms the heart of Liverpool's UNESCO designated World Heritage Site together with the Pier Head, St George’s Quarter and more. Backdropped by the waterfront, it is also the site of Liverpool’s most-popular selfie spot, an iconic life size statue of John, Paul, Ringo and George.
After marvelling at the intricate decorative splendour at the Royal Liver Building, Cunard Building and Port of Liverpool Building - “the Three Graces” - our next stop is Liverpool’s flamboyant Town Hall, an 18th century marvel adorned with goddesses and pineapples. After Wellington Column, a statue erected in the Duke of Wellington’s honour, formed of melted-down canons from the Battle of Waterloo will be wowed by the dazzling neoclassical design of St George’s Hall before our final stop at The Bluecoat - Liverpool’s hub of creative talent. Your tour ends with a drink at a local pub, where you can ask your guide for the best local recommendations for the rest of your time in the city.