Private Walking Tour of Glasgow’s West End
Delve into the West End’s maze of historic cobbled laneways and charm-filled backstreets to discover Glasgow’s laid back vibe. On your private tour, you will:
- Stroll quaint cobblestone streets through the leafy, historic neighbourhoods amongst fine Victorian terraces backdropped by the city’s River Kelvin.
- Discover the mature woodlands and birdlife of 34-acre Kelvingrove Park popular with joggers, families and picnicking students.
- Browse vintage stores, bookshops, art galleries, florists and kooky cafes in the West End’s charming collection of neighbourhoods.
- Marvel at the gothic splendour of The University of Glasgow buildings and the prehistoric wonders, old masters and Medieval weaponry of Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Wander amongst the striking displays of vibrant blooms at Glasgow’s Botanical Gardens, home to the celebrated glass house, Kibble Palace.
- Soak up the carefree, relaxed atmosphere of Ashton Lane, famous for its whisky bars, cocktail lounges and eateries.
- Enjoy a pint or a house wine at a local pub, while your guide gives you expert local recommendations for the duration of your time in Glasgow.
With its laid-back vibe and energetic Bohemian buzz, the West End of Glasgow boasts undeniable charm. Bookshops, art studios and quirky cafes rub shoulders with organic outlets, record stores, florists, vintage boutiques and antique shops under the gaze of Glasgow’s prestigious university. Students picnic in parks and share books on park benches with backstreets a-buzz with locals going about their daily business.
On this private stroll around the West End’s cobbled laneways we step back in time to soak up the splendour of handsome Gothic architecture in the city’s historic quarter. Our first stop is Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, set amongst beautiful buildings influenced by Charles Rennie Mackintosh, a Scottish architect, designer and artist who called the city home. After a guided tour of KelvinGrove Museum we will enjoy a wander around Kelvingrove Park on the banks of River Kelvin before heading to the city’s Botanical Gardens. Here we will wander amongst a stunning variety of sweet-smelling vibrant blooms, shaded woodlands and wildflowers carpets before taking a peek at Kibble Palace, a magnificent dome-topped glass house filled with exotic ferns. The West End’s whisky bars, cocktail lounges and bars in Ashton Lane are our final port of call.