Glencoe, Loch Ness & The Scottish Highlands: Day Trip from Edinburgh
Explore the medieval city of Stirling and the natural beauty of the highlands including Glencoe, Loch Ness, and Cairngorms National Park on a day trip away from the hustle and bustle of Edinburgh's city centre.
On your private full-day trip you will:
- Pass by Forth Bridge and its impressive red railway bridge, whose construction became a landmark in British engineering;
- See the magnificent Glencoe, and learn about the history of Scotland’s clans;
- Embrace the fantastic view of the mountain, valley and road-facing peaks of the "Three Sisters", also known as Bidean nam Bian Mountain;
- Stop for a traditional Scottish lunch at Fort William, home to the West Highland Line, known as the greatest rail journey in the world, and famed for being the "Harry Potter train";
- Learn about the key moments of Scotland's long and bloody history, as well as renowned characters including Mary Queen of Scots and William Wallace;
- Enjoy the stunning Loch Ness cruise (ticket included) from Fort Augustus and take in the breathtaking vista of Loch Ness in all its natural wonder;
- See Cherry Island, the loch’s only island, and spoil you with a loch-side view of the striking Fort Augustus Abbey.
- Enjoy a scenic drive back to Edinburgh through the magnificent Cairngorm National Park.
Leaving Edinburgh, your tour will begin with a scenic drive to the medieval city of Stirling, where you will see the magnificent Stirling Castle (only from the outside). Overlooking the ancient city of Stirling, the castle is one of the most iconic historic buildings of Scotland and has come to symbolize the spirit of this great nation.
Along your tour, your guide will share with you the history of Scotland’s long, violent and bloody past, while also sharing its incredibly vibrant and rich culture.
You will then proceed towards one of the most scenic areas in Scotland, Glencoe, and the peaks of the Three Sisters ridge. From there, you will have the opportunity to visit Fort William, one of Scotland's popular western highland towns that rests in the shadow of Ben Nevis, the UK's highest peak.
In the afternoon, you will continue your journey to Loch Ness, with your opportunity to spot the Loch Ness monster for yourself! Whilst there, enjoy a one-hour cruise (included) on the world-famous Loch Ness. On your return journey, your guide will take you through one of the most beautiful national parks – Cairngorms National Forest, whose scenery is other-worldly!
Please note: If your travelling party is larger than 3, please be in touch so we may work with you on a custom booking.