Private Day Trip: Sintra, Pena Palace, Cascais and Cabo da Roca
Step into a world of hilltop castles, fairytale palaces, and jaw dropping views of the Atlantic on this cultural, historical, and visual feast. Just 20 miles from the centre of Lisbon, Sintra is a town in the foothills of Portugal’s Sintra Mountains home to Pena Palace. Cape Roca or Cabo da Roca is the cape which forms the western most point of continental Europe and Cascais is a charming coastal town known for its pretty sandy beaches and busy port. On your private full day tour, you will:
- Travel in the comfort of the private vehicle and guide from Lisbon
- Enjoy a fully guided private tour of the Pena Palace, including the Palace interior (Palace and Park tickets included)
- After free time for lunch in Sintra town, you will enjoy a relaxing afternoon with a drive through Sintra Natural Park.
- Admire the cliffside views at Cabo da Roca, as you stand on the western-most point of continental Europe.
- Enjoy a guided walk through the charming seaside town of Cascais.
- Hop back in your private transport for an easy transfer back to Lisbon.
Your all-inclusive private excursion led by an experienced local guide starts early with pick up from your hotel in Lisbon to ensure that you avoid the queues and crowds at Pena Palace, which will guarantee you get to visit the interior rooms of the Palace. Today Portugal's most famous attraction, the Pena Palace was built in the 19th century as a summer home for Portuguese royalty. It was built by King Ferdinand II who had a very flamboyant and larger than life taste. It is an adaptation of 16th-century monastery ruins and an imitation of a medieval fortress. The Palace boasts spectacular views over the natural park and Lisbon (on a clear day).
After your morning tour, enjoy free time for lunch in Sintra town after which you will enjoy a scenic drive through Sintra Natural Park to Cabo da Roca, the westernmost point of Continental Europe, before heading to Cascais a charming coast town home to the medieval Nossa Senhora da Luz Fort and the Citadel Palace, a former royal retreat. On the day of your visit, your guide will give you the option to customise the afternoon part of your tour, either spending a short amount of time in both locations or favouring more time in one of these, if there is an activity you particularly want to do!
The tour ends in Cascais, after which you'll be dropped back off at your hotel in Lisbon.