Things to know
Suitable for:Family, Foodies, Friends
Private Tour:You and our own professional guide. 100% exclusive
Transport Mode:Driving tour: including a private vehicle throughout the tour
- English Speaking Guide
- Local, authentic, small food tastings throughout the tour
- Hammam Experience and Massage with local products
- Cooking Class & Moroccan Tea
- Private transportation including Hotel pickup/drop-off from central Marrakech
- Gratuities optional
- Additional Food and drink are not included
- Towels for the hammam are not included, please bring your own
Meeting points: Hotel pick-up is available upon request. If we do not receive your hotel information, your guide will meet you at the entrance to Poste du Maroc, Rue Beni Marine, Marrakech 40000, Morocco, next to Jemaa el-Fna square
What makes this tour special
Discover a myriad of Marrakech’s wonders on this full-day private experience, including a guided tour of the city’s highlights, a delicious food tasting, a cooking class and traditional Moroccan lunch, and afterwards relax in a luxurious traditional Hammam.
On your private tour, you will:
- Enjoy a private vehicle throughout the day for a hassle-free experience;
- Explore the highlights of the Medina— the beautiful, bustling old town;
- Walk around the famous Djemaa El Fna Square and pass by Koutoubia Mosque;
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of the souks and food markets.
- Soak up the sights, smells, and sounds of Marrakech!
- Enjoy a delicious food-tasting tour, stopping at the famous street food vendors;
- Take part in a fabulously tasty cooking class for lunch;
- Enjoy traditional, refreshing Moroccan teas including mint, wormwood, sage, wild thyme, and geranium;
- Spend the afternoon relaxing in an iconic Hammam, a long-standing tradition in Moroccan culture;
- Enjoy a traditional Morrocan Massage with argan oil;
- Return to your hotel by private transfer.
Bustling Marrakech is a byword for joyous chaos: a crowded tangle of souks, a maze of cobbled alleyways, and jostling vendors vying for trade.
On this full-day experience, you will discover the myriad of marvels that Marrakech can boast! After being picked up from your hotel, begin with a guided walking tour of the Medina with your expert English-speaking private guide. The Medina is the medieval centre of Marrakech, filled with markets and open-air stalls, souks, traders, snake charmers, and so much more! Take in the vibrant atmosphere filled with plumes of grill smoke and the beguiling melody of the snake charmer’s flute amidst the throngs of people. Cries for custom echo around a zillion stalls piled high with spices, live chickens, richly-woven rugs, coffee pots, and silken slippers.
Next, your guide will show you around the vast Djemaa El Fna Square for a food-tasting tour of the thousands of street food vendors. Morocco’s favourite spices are cinnamon, ginger, cumin, turmeric, paprika, coriander, saffron, anise, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, fenugreek and caraway to name a few.
Marrakech cuisine is diverse and peppered with a unique mix of cultures. Your chef, a veteran of private dining experiences, will teach you how to create a delicious lunch. Each dish blends Berber staples with Arabic nuts and dried fruit, the cooking styles of the Ottoman Turks and the olives and citrus fruits of the Moors with plenty of Gallic culinary twists.
Family, kinship, and the warmth of shared meals are highly prized in Moroccan life and are as central to the culture as another ancient tradition: the indulgent and sensuous Hammam.
After lunch, you will be taken to a traditional Hammam, and spend the afternoon relaxing in the aromatic steam baths with Moroccan botanicals such as rose, patchouli, jasmine, geranium, bergamot, and eucalyptus.
In ancient times, a copper gong sounded at dawn, heralding the opening of the baths. Today the gongs have long gone, yet the baths remain an integral part of the social fabric of Marrakech communities. Interiors are largely unchanged by time, with dazzling wall-to-ceiling tiled mosaics, ornate gilded domes and gleaming marble.
Note: Please be sure to bring swim trunks, and a towel for the hammam experience. You can leave these in the vehicle throughout the day before the hammam experience.