Private Tour of Ostia Antica inc Transportation: The Lesser-Known Roman Town
This tour is perfect for those seeking to explore ancient Roman ruins without all the hustle and bustle of visiting Rome's ancient sites. Do not be fooled by a relatively unknown reputation. Ostia is very large, fantastically well preserved and rich in archaeological sites - it spans an area of 10,000 acres and its main street is over a mile long.
- Perfect for those in search of less travelled Roman ruins!
- Conveniently greet your friendly guide at your hotel.
- Enjoy a private vehicle roundtrip from your hotel
- Explore the fabulous, expansive site with an expert in the field.
- Enter ancient homes, shops, amphitheatres, markets, temples, a prison, roads.
- Visit the Museum: see artworks & family possessions recovered from the site.
Located near the ancient sea port of Ostia, the site is still being excavated by archaeologists and it is easy to paint a picture of bustling streets, farmers' markets and Roman society in full swing. Enter homes, shops, taverns, places of worship and transport yourself back to a lost time when people slept, ate and lived here. A personal, expert guide gives you the perfect insight and perspective to truly understand the ruins and helps you to fully enjoy its fascinating history and hidden points of interest.