Small Group Wine Tour of Chianti from Florence: San Gimignano & Vineyards
Experience a luxury, all-inclusive, small group tour of wine tasting through the Tuscan countryside with your expert English-speaking guide. On your small group tour, you will:
- Enjoy an all-inclusive, small group tour of wine tasting through the Tuscan countryside, with return private transport.
- Enjoy the expert attention of your English-speaking guide and wonderful scenic drives across the Tuscan landscape.
- Visit a famous vineyard in the heart of Chianti, where you’ll enjoy a guided tour of the winemaking process and learn all about the famous Vernaccia grape.
- Explore an organic winery, with three tastings included, alongside delicious local food pairings of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh bread, olives, and pecorino cheese!
- Visit the idyllic UNESCO listed town of San Gimignano, the most attractive medieval village in the heart of the Chianti wine region.
- Visit a second winery for another guided wine tasting, and enjoy an authentic, delicious three-course Tuscan lunch.
- Take the opportunity to purchase some of your favourite Tuscan wines of the day. Shipping available.
- Enjoy a scenic drive back to Florence, with a stop off at the beautiful panoramic vista at Piazzale Michelangelo.
Enjoy a leisurely and luxurious day of wine tasting and sightseeing in the beautiful Chianti region of Tuscany. With plenty of wine tastings and food pairings, tours of Chianti’s finest vineyard, two different wineries and the idyllic medieval town of San Gimignano, you’ll learn all about the winemaking process and the famous Vernaccia grape on this relaxing, tasty and fascinating day trip.
On this small-group tour, you’ll be met by your expert English-speaking guide in Florence and be taken around the rolling hills of Tuscany by air-conditioned private 8-seater minivan. Your first stop is a tour of one of the finest vineyards in the heart of Chianti. You’ll get an up-close look at the production and ageing process of Chianti wines and an in-depth explanation by a wine expert.
Afterwards, you will visit an organic winery where you will enjoy the first wine tasting – which includes three wines produced by the winemaker, and paired with fresh local bread, green olives, pecorino cheese, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Enjoy a scenic drive and arrive for a guided tour of San Gimignano, the most attractive medieval village in the heart of the Chianti wine region – and UNESCO listed world heritage site. After an orientation tour of this picturesque town, enjoy free time to wander around, try the best local gelato, admire 14-15th century frescoes, and wander around the city walls for stunning views across the Tuscan countryside.
Next, you’ll drive to a second local winery for a delicious, authentic three-course Tuscan lunch, combined with another guided wine tasting. Here, you’ll also have the opportunity to purchase and ship Tuscan wines worldwide.
Then it’s time to drive through the beautiful, rolling green hills of Tuscany back to Florence – with a stop off at Piazzale Michelangelo, the most romantic square in Florence with a breathtaking panoramic view over the city called the Cradle of the Renaissance.