Off-the-Beaten-Path Florence Private Walking Tour
Florence is one of the world’s finest preserved ancient cities, and venturing off the tourist drag is near impossible to perfect without a local tour guide, and it's worth every moment of serenity. On your private, off-the-beaten-path walking tour of Florence you will:
- Enjoy meaningful insights from a local Florentine as you wander the Oltrarno district, a little-known, ancient neighbourhood.
- Pop into San Miniato al Monte before descending the winding hills to Piazzale Michelangelo for one of the best panoramic views of the city.
- Discover the bronze replica of the David, located in the centre of Michelangelo Square.
- Pick up invaluable recommendations, advice, and tips on finding the best, local food as you explore highlights and off-the-beaten-path side streets.
- Discover the work of artisans and artists as you visit a Florentine Art School.
- Visit a very famous perfumer who makes customised perfumes.
- Grab a drink - an espresso and nibbles or a glass of wine- in Il Rifrullo, in one of the most beautiful districts of Florence: San Niccolo.
With its grandiose stucco swirls and ornate frescos, Tuscany’s cultural capital boasts a richly-historical and glorious artistic patrimony. Spellbinding statues and monuments rise up from ancient streets once strolled by the fathers of Italian painting, Cimabue and Giotto. However, to find the best of the city’s hidden gems, you need to venture off the beaten path to neighbourhoods thronging with locals but lacking in the tourist buzz.
Your private tour guide will help you discover Florence’s western district - which tourists often miss. As you snap pictures of the awe-inspiring vistas, hearing the hilltop’s millennia of history will uncover the authenticity hidden in plain sight in Tuscany’s capital.
Pro-tip: To avoid walking the vertical hillside to your tour start, take a quick taxi ride from the city centre to San Miniato al Monte.