Private Walking Tour of Dublin with a Local
Travel isn’t just about travel, it’s people, faces, food and cultures, fresh perspectives, discoveries and different ways of life - it’s about uncovering the city’s soul. It’s about connection. On your private, guided tour of Dublin with a local:
- Enjoy meaningful insights and Irish humour with a Dubliner.
- Hear how locals describe Dublin - the experiences that have shaped their worldview, including Brexit and the tenuous ‘open-border’ question.
- Spend a few hours walking around the city’s highlights - including St Stephen's Green and O'Connell Street, with a private, local guide.
- Pick up invaluable recommendations on off-the-beaten-tracks pubs, advice, and tips on finding the best whiskies.
- Finish your tour over a pint of Guinness - or a coffee or tea- in your local guide’s favorite haunt.
Ireland’s compact capital - with its vibrant, historical and beautiful streets - has witnessed everything from the Great Famine to the fight for Irish Freedom. A city made for walking, easily navigable districts make orientation a breeze, but even if you get lost, the locals are some of the friendliest you will find in the world. The annual St. Patrick's Day Parade attracts millions of revellers to Irish folk songs and
Cèilidh dancing, but in Dublin there are free-flowing pints of “the black stuff” and live music year-round in lively watering holes.
Enjoying a private, guided tour with a local will help you discover the side-streets and stories often missed. Hear the intriguing backstories and learn the backstories and neighbourhood rumours which bring Dublin to life, from the revolution over a century ago to the country’s current relationship to mainland Europe and the United Kingdom. There are no substitutes for anecdotes and first-hand insight – which is why we’ve built this tour: so that you can have a Dubliner's knowledge to help you swerve tourist traps, lengthy queues and over-priced nonsense. While you walk the city, you’ll uncover its authenticity through the eyes of a Dubliner. Your tour is immersive - bringing meaningful and like-minded interesting people together that would never meet if you stuck to the main tourist drag. Experience the world-famous Irish humour, the lilt in the local accent, and great ‘craic’ over a beer or coffee at a local pub, and then jot down your guide’s version of “must do Dublin.”