Private Whiskey Distillery Excursion
Spend a day sampling some of the finest whisky on this distillery tour!
- Meet your driver-guide at your hotel in the morning
- Venture to the Hidden Heartlands of Ireland and to the River Shannon
- Your first stop will be to Kilbeggan Distillery for a whiskey distillery tour
- Next, travel west to Lough Ree, and enjoy a pub lunch (food not included in price)
- Immerse yourself in the historical town of Athlone
- Visit the one of the oldest working pubs, Sean's Bar
- Return eastwards to Tullamore
- Spend time at Tullamore Dew Whiskey Distillery for a whiskey distillery tour
- Be dropped off safely at your hotel upon your return to Dublin
After a leisurely breakfast your driver-guide will meet you at your hotel at 08.30hrs and bring you on a full day tour (9/10 hours) to the Hidden Heartlands of Ireland and to the river Shannon. Travelling into the centre of Ireland, your first stop will be to Kilbeggan Distillery for a guided tour. Kilbeggan Distillery produces Lockes Whiskey which has been on this site for a few centuries and boasts old machinery and traditions as you see the whiskey making process in full.
Your route takes you a little further west to Lough Ree and a nice pub lunch in the sleepy little village of Glasson. After lunch, you will be brought into the historical town of Athlone where you can drop into Ireland's and possibly the oldest working pub in the world, 'Sean's Bar', which dates back to 901AD. Sean's Bar now boasts its own whiskey and you will learn a little about Lough Ree and its connection to the origins of whiskey making. Passing by Athlone Castle and the River Shannon, you will return eastwards to Tullamore.
Finally, you will visit the Tullamore Dew Whiskey Distillery. Enjoy a guided tour of this distillery and sample some whisky before returning to your hotel.
We built this tour because it invites travellers to sample some of the finest whisky in Ireland at a variety of distilleries.