Full-Day Private Whiskey Distilleries Tour from Dublin
Enjoy the beautiful views of Ireland’s hidden heartlands on this private driving tour from Dublin, and spend a day sampling some of the finest Irish whiskies on this exclusive distilleries tour. On your private tour, you will:
- Enjoy the personal attention of your driver-guide and the comfort and convenience of your chauffeured car.
- Venture to the hidden heartlands of Ireland and to the River Shannon.
- Visit the historic Kilbeggan Distillery for a fascinating tour with whiskey tastings overlooking the river Brosna.
- Admire the waterwheel and steam engine, as you learn all about the complex process of whiskey production.
- Travel west to Lough Ree, and enjoy a pub lunch (not included in the price).
- Immerse yourself in the historical town of Athlone on a short walking tour.
- Visit one of the oldest working pubs, Sean's Bar dating back to the 900s!
- Drive to Tullamore Dew Whiskey Distillery for a behind the scenes tour of the premises and production facilities.
- Enjoy a welcome Irish coffee, and several whiskey tastings, and learn how to blend your own whiskey!
- Enjoy the scenic return drive to your hotel in Dublin.
- Note: This tour is only bookable online for up to 3 guests. For larger groups, please get in touch with us.
Your private driver-guide will pick you up at your hotel after breakfast and whisk you off into the scenic, hidden heartlands of Ireland for a superb day of whiskey tasting at two of Ireland’s finest distilleries. Sit back, relax, and admire the emerald green countryside for which Ireland is famed.
You’ll first visit the historic Kilbeggan Distillery and enjoy a guided tour of their facilities, including the water wheel and steam engine. Learn all about the whiskey-making production process before sampling some of their finest stock on a pretty viewing platform overlooking the river Brosna. Kilbeggan Distillery has produced Lockes Whiskey on this site for a few centuries and boasts some fine old machinery and traditional production methods.
Your route takes you a little further west to Lough Ree and a nice pub lunch in the sleepy little village of Glasson. After lunch, you will be brought to the historical town of Athlone where you can drop into Ireland's, and possibly the world’s oldest working pub: 'Sean's Bar', which dates back to 901 AD. Sean's Bar now boasts its own whiskey, and you will learn a little about Lough Ree and its connection to the origins of whiskey making. Passing by the medieval Athlone Castle and the River Shannon, you will return eastwards towards Tullamore.
Your last stop is the Tullamore Dew Whiskey Distillery. Here you’ll be welcomed with a delicious Irish Coffee, then enjoy an in-depth tour of their state of the art working distillery – where you’ll also be shown how to ‘Dip the Dog’ and taste whiskey straight from the cask in their secret warehouse snug! You’ll learn how to make your own whiskey blend and taste three different expressions of Tullamore’s premium whiskey.
Enjoy a relaxing and scenic drive back to your hotel in Dublin.
Please note all guests must be above the age of 18 to enter the distilleries.