The Spectacular Cliffs of Moher: Private Day Trip from Dublin
Embark on a private day trip from Dublin to the truly majestic Cliffs of Moher along Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way, and enjoy scenic drives through the spectacular countryside of the Emerald Isle.
On your private day trip, you will:
- Drive out of Dublin into the beautiful surrounding countryside of Ireland - and discover why it’s called the Emerald Isle;
- Head towards Ballina in Tipperary along the banks of the famous Shannon River;
- Travel across part of the dramatic route of Ireland’s famous Wild Atlantic Way;
- Arrive at the iconic and breathtaking Cliffs of Moher towering over the Atlantic Ocean on Ireland’s West Coast;
- Take time to walk and explore the area including the Cliff Edge Visitor Experience;
- Learn about these impressive 300 million-year-old rock formations, and hear about the many myths and legends associated with them;
- Stop off at nearby Doolin village for some lunch (not included in price) a place famous for its cave with a jaw-dropping free-hanging stalactite;
- Explore the vast, limestone Burren Region, which means rocky, famous for its flora and fauna and a stark contrast to the lushness of the surrounding landscape;
- Enjoy a scenic drive back to your hotel in Dublin via a brief stop in the pretty and lively harbour city of Galway.
Note: This tour is only bookable online for up to 3 guests. For larger groups, please get in touch with us.
The Cliffs of Moher are the picturesque, dramatic, and awe-inspiring jewel of Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way. Situated along the west coast of Ireland and standing over 700 feet above the Atlantic, visiting the 300 million-year-old Cliffs of Moher is an unforgettable experience.
From Dublin’s East coast your drive will take you along the famous River Shannon and across the heart of Ireland’s famously lush green countryside, about 3 hours away to the edge of the West coast where you’ll reach the Wild Atlantic Way and the dramatic Cliffs of Moher.
With the wind in your hair (and hopefully the sun on your face!) you’ll have plenty of time to soak up the drama and magnificent scenery at the Cliffs, with time to explore the excellent visitors centre too. Hear how these impressive cliffs were formed over millions of years, about the Mermaids, and Hags and Warrior legends associated with them in Irish folklore.
When you’ve had your fill, you’ll drive a short distance to the picturesque village of Doolin for a delicious lunch, and time to explore. The village is famous for its cave and music.
After lunch, your driver guide will take you through parts of the Burren region, a famously stark plain of limestone. The region is famous for its flora and fauna and boasts many artisanal food producers and interesting sights along the way.
You’ll return via Galway, with a brief stop in this historic city famous for hosting 122 festivals every year. Then, enjoy the drive back across the heartlands of Ireland, ending your day back in Dublin.