Private Budapest City Stroll with a Guide
Explore the highlights of the beautiful Hungarian capital of Budapest, including the entrance to St Stephen’s Basilica and enjoy a drink on us at a local tavern. On your private, guided tour of Budapest you will:
- Enjoy the personalised attention of your private guide.
- Admire the scale and finery of the Hungarian Parliament Building in Kossuth Lajos Square.
- Find out what caused Buda and Pest to unify as one large capital city.
- Learn of the importance of the Danube River to Budapest since ancient times.
- Enjoy the tranquillity of the quaint and characterful historic streets of Buda as you learn the stories of famous Hungarians who lived here and shaped the destiny of the city.
- Experience the buzz of Pest, a vibrant cultural hub on the eastern banks of the Danube.
- Walk around Castle Hill, which offers phenomenal panoramic views over the city.
- Explore St Stephen's Basilica, a stunningly elegant neoclassical cathedral.
- End your tour at the local pub with drinks on us!
Considered one of Europe’s most strikingly beautiful cities, Budapest contains an incredible array of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. It is an amalgamation of two independent settlements of Buda and Pest that were joined in 1873.
Learn about Hungary’s complex political history outside the magnificent Neo-Gothic Parliament building, admire the elegance of St Stephen’s Basilica with a private guided tour of the interior, and enjoy the relaxed and famously friendly atmosphere of Trinity Square's lovely 13th Century Matthias Church.
Budapest is split by a wide sweep of the mighty River the Danube, Europe’s second-longest river (the Volga is the longest) that stretches from the Black Forest to the Black Sea. The city is rich in geothermal water resources with thousands of subterranean pools spouting mineral-rich waters dating back over 2,000 years. Using 20-million litres of water, Budapest’s grand, mosaic-clad bath-houses are open to the public, earning it the title of ‘World's Spa Capital’! From the Ottoman Empire of the 16th Century through to the tragedies of World War 2 and the thriving modern city it is today, your guide will show you the major monuments, the hidden gems, and tell you the many stories that have shaped the city over many centuries.
Also experience the buzz of Pest, the vibrant cultural hub on the eastern banks of the Danube. You’ll also walk around Castle Hill with its sweeping vista overlooking the city – the money shot! Your tour ends at a local pub with drinks on us!