Berlin in a Day: Private Full Day Highlights with Tickets
Uncover the remarkable history of Berlin, on a full day, which explores both the east and the west. On your private tour, you will:
- Be met by your private guide in the heart of the city centre.
- Explore several sites, including the Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag, and Tiergarten Park.
- Learn about the impact of the second world war in West Berlin, and see the Holocaust Memorial, Hitler’s Bunker, and Checkpoint Charlie.
- See the Berlin Wall, and then stop for lunch at a local marketplace, where your guide will give you several recommendations.
- Learn to take public transit, with the help of your private guide.
- Explore formerly East-Berlin, and see its highlights, including the East Side Gallery, Alexanderplatz, and ‘the Treehouse.’
- Finish your tour with tickets to Berlin’s TV Tower, where you will enjoy spectacular views across the whole city.
Berlin served as the epicentre of several of the twentieth century’s most momentous parts of history: from the rise of Nazism to the Cold War and the Berlin Wall. A full-day tour is the best way to explore this history and the various layers of the city before and after these events. On your private tour, you will see the old and the new, including the Jewish Quarter which itself has over 800 years of history, before ending your tour at the futuristic Fernsehturm, the Berlin TV Tower.
Through this tour, you will embark on a journey through time, visiting sites that played a role as Berlin evolved from a royal city through to imperial capital, cosmopolitan hub to Nazi bastion, and from Cold War division to its contemporary renewal and prosperity. A century of geopolitical struggle, hubris, nemesis and rebirth have marked this fascinating city from the ambitions of the Kaiser to defeats in two World Wars. Throughout the day, your tour will be taking you to the historic landmarks where so much of the city (and world) history played out.
Your tour finishes with tickets to Berlin’s TV tower, where your guide will give you timed entrance tickets to ascend to the observation deck. From there, you’ll be able to see all the places you have explored throughout the day and see the complex and wonderful city from above.