The French Revolution Private Walking Tour
Uncover the tumultuous events of the French Revolution with your expert guide.
- Enjoy an introduction to pre-revolution France- uncovering the historical and economic circumstances that led an assembly of the three estates
- Stroll through iconic Le Marais
- See the remains of Bastille prison and other traces of the revolution
- Walk down rue Saint-Antoine, and discover remains from the past, such as the first exclusively female political club
- Take a break by the Place des Vosges
- Discover a section of a wall remaining from the prison de La Force
- Conclude at the Revolution collections at Carnavalet museum
The events of the French revolution were chaotic, historic, and truly extraordinary. Uncover this iconic period of history with an expert guide. Commence your tour with an introduction of pre-revolution France, and the economic and political landscape that led to a great class clash between the clergy, the nobility, and the bourgeoisie. Discover the fall of Louis XVI and the dismantling of the Ancien Régime, explore the remains from the storming of Bastille, learn about France's abolition of feudalism, and the subsequent stream of power conflicts that made France's history so bloody.