Private Tour of Fairytale Frederiksborg Castle with transport and tickets
Explore the majestic palace and grounds of Frederiksborg Castle with a private guide, including skip the line entrance tickets and train tickets to and from Copenhagen. On your tour you will:
- Enjoy the personalized attention of a private tour guide for a truly intimate experience of this royal day out.
- Take a scenic train ride from Copenhagen’s city centre to the castles.
- See the fairy-tale-like palace set majestically in the middle of the serene Castle Lake.
- Tour the opulent and gilded interiors of Frederiksborg Castle with your private guide and skip the line ticket.
- Learn about the history of Denmark’s royal family as your guide regales you with stories and scandals associated with the castle.
- Admire the extensive art collection, portraiture and rich architectural styles.
- Learn about the fire and restoration of the 19th Century.
- Discover the surrounding area, including the Castle Lake and Bath House Palace.
- Explore the magnificent Baroque park known as the Cascades and elegant English style gardens.
- Relax on the scenic train ride back to Copenhagen.
Located just a few miles outside of Copenhagen, you'll find the tranquil haven of Frederiksborg Castle, the largest Renaissance castle in Scandinavia. It will truly take your breath away. It is uniquely built on three islands, surrounded by a picturesque lake, and beautiful parkland, gardens and grounds. Originally built in the early 17th Century to impress the guests of King Christian IV and the royal family, tragically, a fire broke out in 1859, and the greater part of the interior of the castle was destroyed – except the Chapel built in 1600 which remains largely intact and is where the kings and queens of Denmark are anointed to this very day. Happily, the castle was restored by J. C. Jacobsen, the owner of the Carlsberg Breweries in the 19th Century and as well as a palace, it is now the home of Denmark’s Museum of National History, with the most extensive portrait collection in Denmark. Your guide will show you all this and more.
After your in-depth private tour of the castle, you will be able to explore the picturesque symmetrical baroque garden to rival Versailles, and a romantic English-inspired garden home to the Bath House which is still used for entertaining by the Royal family today. After a sumptuous royal morning with your guide, you'll return by train to Copenhagen.