Private Morning Food Tour of Shanghai
Enjoy a gastronomic breakfast of traditional Shanghai food on this vibrant morning walking and tasting tour of Shanghai’s food stalls and markets. On your private tour you will:
- Have the personal attention of your private guide as you navigate the morning food stalls and markets of Shanghai.
- Sampling a variety of traditional and authentic breakfast foods, you’ll also socialise with the locals, and learn more about the people of the city from their food!
- Begin your tour at the scenic Bund, a stunning 1.5 km esplanade along the Huangpu River—lined with cafés, restaurants and chi-chi boutiques— with lovely views of the Lujiazui skyline.
- Sample around 8 different Shanghai breakfasts! Including deep-fried wonton dumplings, egg pancakes, wonton soup, scallion pancakes, spicy ramen and more.
- Quiz your guide on where to find the best local cuisine!
- End your tour replete, full and happy, ready to explore more of this amazing megalopolis!
As China's largest city Shanghai is a vibrant and colourful city of vast proportions, with its super-sky scrapers, futuristic bridges, giant malls, and not to mention millions of people all busily going about their daily lives. It can feel overwhelming for the first-time visitor – and yet this fabulous morning food tour gives you the City of the Sea in bite-size chunks (pun intended!) The history of the city and its people spans a thousand years – and there is no better way to get to know a place more intimately than through its local cuisine. On this tour, you’ll taste your way through a traditional Shanghai breakfast – including dumplings, pancakes and spicy noodle soups, all while enjoying the morning bird song, the bustle of the food markets and stalls opening up, the mouth-watering food, the scenic views across the water, the friendly chat and help from the locals, as well as the passionate and expert commentary from your private guide.