The Historic Centre of Vienna: Private Tour including Mozarthaus
Vienna is known for its rich history, stunning architecture, and vibrant cultural scene with a music tradition that attracts people to the city where Haydn, Beethoven, Brahms, Schubert, Strauss and Mozart perfected their art.
On your private walking tour, you will:
- Discover Vienna's historic centre on a three-hour guided walking tour;
- See the most important cultural and political sites, including the Rathausplatz, home to Vienna's impressive City Hall, with its towering Gothic spire and ornate facade;
- Visit Maria Theresien Platz, flanked by two of the most iconic museums in the city;
- Admire the Hofburg, the seat of the Habsburg dynasty for centuries, and now housing museums and the Austrian president's office;
- Learn about the Spanish Riding School, home to the world-renowned Lipizzaner horses;
- Pass by Michaeler Church, where the first two movements of Mozart's Requiem were performed just five days after his death;
- Admire the stunning Augustine Church, a 14th-century Gothic building;
- Hear about The Holy Trinity Monument built in gratitude for the end of the Great Plague of the 17th century;
- See the iconic St. Stephen's Cathedral, the centrepiece of Vienna's historic centre and admire its towering spire and ornate facade;
- Explore the old Jewish district, home to the haunting Holocaust Monument, also known as the "Nameless Library";
- Stop at the famous Anker Clock, an impressive example of Art Nouveau featuring individual figures that rotate in sequence to mark the hours of the day;
- End your tour with a self-guided tour in the MozartHaus Museum, a centre showing the life and work of the musical genius which you will be free to explore at your own leisure with an audioguide included after parting ways with your guide.
Synonymous with the syncopated waltz that bears its name, Vienna owes much of its musical heritage to the Habsburg dynasty and the excellent creative environment provided by the imperial court for visionary musical talent. Great composers were drawn to Vienna to pen immortal works in a honing ground for musical visionaries.
This fascinating half-day highlights tour will take you to Vienna’s most compelling attractions in a city crowded with glittering gilded palaces, monuments, bronze statues, grand mansions, and dome-topped royal buildings. As one of Europe's grandest capitals, Vienna is rich in handsome architecture and cultural relics that reflect the city’s storied history.
On your walking tour, you will explore the best of the city’s architecture, including the Austrian Parliament Building, the Alte Burg, the Spanish Riding School, and the Austrian National Library. The architectural finery of Vienna's historic centre is a UNESCO World Heritage site, a bounty of Gothic, Romanesque, Baroque, Art Deco, and "Jugendstil" architecture under the gaze of the 370-foot steeple of St. Stephen's Cathedral.
Your tour finishes at the entrance to MozartHaus Museum, where you will step into the life of the classical virtuoso and trace his enthralling backstory at your own pace. Your guide will part ways with you here so you can enjoy your self-guided tour.