Private Tour of Pennsylvania Avenue's Politics and History
Washington DC has a reputation as a wheeler-dealer city where billion-dollar contracts, cosy media deals, death wishes and political alliances are sealed in smokey bars, boardrooms, and dinners hosted by power brokers in swanky Georgetown townhouses. On your tour down memory lane of scandals past, discover the secrets, lies and backstories behind DC’s congressmen, journalists, military men and politicos throughout history, from Capitol Hill, the Judicial Branch and the FBI to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
- Hear innumerable tales in Lafayette Square, including of Kennedy's affair with suspected East German spy Inga Arvad and how his father involved the notorious FBI director, J Edgar Hoover, in ending the tryst.
- Be captivated by the tales of attempted assassinations and how each was thwarted
- Enjoy stories of how during Prohibition DC was likely the least dry place in the United States
- Hear about the wild parties thrown in the White House, including Andrew Jackson's inauguration party in which he slipped out of the house threw a back window to escape the rabble
- Learn about the stories of today's occupants and the drinking parties in local establishments which happen each time another member of the administration departs.
On this tour, all the details will be spilled of the stories the occupants of the White House - both those from the recent past, including Nixon, Kennedy, Regan, Bush, Clinton, Obama and Trump - and its nineteenth century occupants. You will trawl the haunts associated with some of Washington’s greatest rumours, indiscretions and media storms. Security details, news-hounds, senators, lawmakers, cable news stars and White House officials. Examine the phenomena of 'Fake News', the tenures of Presidents past and present, and ask yourself if you would make yourself at home in a city where politicians seem to be a revolving door of residents.