Private Guided Tour of Two Smithsonian Museums
This tour is the ultimate All-American story of the Smithsonian Museums, taking you on visits to both the National Museum of American History and the National Air and Space Museum.
- First, take a trip to the National Museum of American History
- See the artifacts underpinning American political landscape and undertones, with an emphasis on American women's history and Latino American's story in the country
- Following this, explore the world's largest collection of historical space artifacts and aircraft
- Immerse yourself in highlights including the Wright Brothers Flyer and Amelia Earhart's Plane.
- Learn about the Space Race and the Apollo mission to the moon
The National Museum of American History
First, venture through the National Museum of American History, where myriad American treasures are on display. From a flag flying during the Battle of Baltimore to photographs taken of Titanic survivors aboard the Carpathia, iconic America is yours to grab hold of - or at least see for yourself. Interested in a richer, more nuanced story of the country? Your guide will be able to take you through the museum focusing on segregation, on immunization and medical advancement, or breakthroughs made by women in math, science, photography and textiles.
National Air and Space Museum DC
Next, take a journey out of this world to the National Air and Space Museum, which spans more than 45,000 square meters. Explore the world’s largest collection of historical space artifacts and aircraft. Let yourself be swept away into space, as you immerse yourself in the the most groundbreaking space programs in history, including the Apollo mission that landed Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on the moon.