The Best of Washington DC: Private Full-Day Walking Tour
As America’s cultural centre, Washington DC is more than just the home of the President. DC is a city rich in history and proud of its heritage and on this tour, you will discover the most popular highlights, including the National Mall and the Smithsonian Museum of American History.
On your private tour, you will:
- Stand in awe of the Washington Monument, once the tallest structure in the world, in 1884;
- Visit the National Mall and delve into the history behind each monument;
- See the World War II Memorial, Vietnam War Memorial, Martin Luther King Jr Memorial and the Korean War Memorial;
- Stand by the steps of the Lincoln Memorial to see the Reflecting Pool;
- See the iconic White House home to each of the Presidents of the United States;
- Visit the immense world of the Smithsonian Museums, with a 2-hour guided tour of the National Museum of American History.
At 68 square miles, Washington DC has more than the political arena with which to seduce its many visitors, from the secrets of the FBI Building, and CIA Headquarters to over 70 museums devoted to almost every topic, including an International Spy Museum, American Indian art and African-American culture.
On your full-day highlights tour, you will discover the heart and soul of America’s capital district, on a guided journey to its key attractions that do DC justice - politics and all.
As you discuss the city’s role in historical events, you will journey around DC’s most famous memorials, monuments and landmarks to read the Gettysburg Address inscription at the Lincoln Memorial and reflect on the impact of America’s Civil War. The beautiful Korean War Veterans Memorial and the Vietnam Memorial both evoke the sobriety of America’s involvement in overseas conflicts.
At the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, it is impossible not to feel uplifted and inspired by the power of the words he penned for his famous "I Have a Dream" address.
You’ll be able to see views of the White House before enjoying a respite for a lunch break. Please note your guide will happily recommend different lunch options for your price point, as lunch is not included in the tour.
In the afternoon, you will enjoy a guided tour of the Smithsonian Museum of American History.