Private Walking Tour of Santa Fe
Located along the US border with Mexico, Santa Fe is brimming with history and culture. On your private guided tour of Santa Fe, you will:
- Begin in Santa Fe Plaza and orient yourself with the city's layout, including seeing the Palace of Governors, which is one of the country's oldest continually operational municipal buildings.
- Learn the history and present realities of the nation of Santa Fe Pueblo Native Americans.
- Understand the relationship of the many cultures melding in the city - American, Native American, Mexican, and Spanish, and the role of Catholicism in the city.
- Enjoy a light bite and a drink along the route, where your guide will give you recommendations of the best places for local cuisine.
- Indulge in the vibrant colours of the crafts on display throughout your tour, and learn about how the Arts & Crafts scene is important to the city's identity.
- Your guide will drop you at the entrance of the Georgia O'Keeffe museum, where you can tour her magnificent photography at your own leisure.
Images of purple sunsets against desert-washed scenery, dramatic turquoise and vibrant paintings, giant plates of black beans and red rice with various tacos - Santa Fe is a treasure trove of culture with something for everyone. The city's 400 years of history and its complex social fabric have made the city a favourite spot for travellers to return year after year. The adobe architecture throughout the historic district makes it unlike any other American city, and inspires curiosity about how the trade is preserved.
On your private walking tour, your guide will explain the history of New Mexico and its enduring relationship with Mexico. Learn about the beautiful jewellery, tapestries, weavings, paintings, folk art, and photography - a mecca for art enthusiasts. Explore the history of the city, enjoy a bite of New Mexico's delightful cuisine at a local restaurant. Your guide will happily point you in the direction of the best eateries in town to make sure each meal you have is better than the last. Learn about the secrecy of the Second World War era's Manhattan Project, based in Santa Fe and the remnants of stories still told by locals. Finally, finish your tour at the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum, where your guide will part with you. Explore the museum at your leisure, while learning about the American modernist photographer.