Things to know
Suitable for:Adventurous, Culture Vulture, Family, Friends
Private Tour:You and our own professional guide. 100% exclusive
Transport Mode:Walking tour - the cost of all public transport is not included between sights. Your guide will help you with this.
- Tickets for Alcatraz ferry and entrance
Customisable - simply ask us
Meeting points: In front of the Cable Car Museum, 1201 Mason St, San Francisco, CA 94108, United States
What makes this tour special
Immerse yourself in the highlights of San Francisco, and discover the infamous history of Alcatraz. On your private tour of San Francisco, you will:
- Soak up the San Francisco skyline from the top of iconic Nob Hill.
- Explore Union Square, San Francisco's bustling shopping area.
- Immerse yourself in the customs, cuisine and curiosities of Chinatown.
- Snap panoramic pictures from statuesque Coit Tower.
- Venture through North Beach to absorb the community’s Italian heritage.
- Enjoy striking views of the Golden Gate Bridge from atmospheric Fisherman's Wharf.
- Dig into some of San Francisco's famous seafood - like clam chowder soup in a sourdough bread bowl (price not included).
- Visit the world’s most notorious island penitentiary, Alcatraz.
- Note: children's tickets to Alcatraz are for children ages 5-11. Children under the age of 5 travel free, while children over the age of 12 must have an adult ticket.
On this Private Full Day Tour of San Francisco Highlights, you will learn about the city’s founding in 1776, when Spanish colonists settled the area during gold-rush fever. See first-hand San Francisco’s colourful mix of quaint buildings and modern architecture in a stunning ocean-facing city that is more than just flower power and social consciousness.
Your Private Full Day Tour of San Francisco Highlights will take you through an urban landscape, set on the northern tip of a peninsula, shaped by glaciers, earthquakes and the Pacific’s rolling waves. At the top of Nob Hill, soak up an extraordinary cityscape at cable car height. Iconic landmarks, such as Golden Gate Bridge, Japantown, the Coit Tower and the oldest Chinatown in North America. Set on San Francisco's picturesque steep slopes, enjoy a stunning skyline across streets criss-crossed by street cars, yellow taxis and jogging trails.
Wander through some world-class shopping centred on Union Square, where big-name brands and local stores nestle amongst chic boutiques. At beautiful North Beach, known colloquially as Little Italy, soak up the ambience of the city’s lively historic Italian-American community. Lastly, Fisherman’s Wharf, lined with seafood cafés, is home to basking sea lions, jugglers and mime artists and enjoys striking views across the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, and Angel Island. At the ‘dress to character’ ferry, your guide will leave the tour so that you can explore the world’s most infamous island prison - Alcatraz.
Your guide will leave you at the dock for Alcatraz, once you are in line. Then, take an audio tour at a leisurely pace to hear tales of notorious felons such as Al-Capone and Robert Franklin Stroud in this former fort, military prison and maximum security federal penitentiary.
Please note: Alcatraz tickets are in high demand during the summer and tickets cannot be guaranteed at the time of booking. We will contact you soonest should we be unable to obtain tickets.