Private Wine Tasting Excursion in Napa Valley
Discover the world famous Napa Valley scenery and world famous wine, on this informative experience. On your private excursion to Napa, you will:
- Enjoy hotel pick up and a scenic drive from the city to the rolling landscapes of Napa Valley Wine Country.
- Enjoy a thorough introduction to tasting wine, principles of viticulture and oenology, and history of Napa Valley.
- Learn about the current trends in California wine industry, along with the lifestyle and culture of the valley.
- Hear the story of the famous 'Judgment of Paris' when Chateau Montelena wine was selected as one of the world's best wines, in a blind taste test against the French winemakers.
- Indulge in new world wines, and learn what makes Napa's appellations unique, with countless awards given to the county's winemakers.
- Enjoy tastings at two different wineries for all-inclusive tastings, learning about each of their varietals.
- Seize the opportunity to become wine club members of wineries and have wine arrive at your door throughout the year.
- Indulge in lunch in one of the valley's historic towns and enjoy the best of California's farm-to-table cuisine. Your guide will drop you off after your first tasting and pick you up in time for your second tasting. Please note: cost of lunch is not included.
A trip to Northern California is incomplete without visiting its' most famous wine county - Napa, and luxuriating in the juice of the valleys grapes. Whether you're a wine connoisseur or a novice, your private experience will be tailored to meet you where you are. All the details are handled - from hotel pick-up to hotel drop-off, so sit back, relax, and enjoy your all inclusive wine tasting experience.
If you're wondering about how to dress for this tour, the simple answer is: smart casual. While wine tasting tends to be an upscale luxury experience, Napa Valley has venues that range from sophisticated to relaxed. Dressy jeans are very appropriate. Mens jackets not necessary, but a sport-coat is appropriate for cooler seasons. Women's attire during the daytime are sundresses, or jeans with blouse, sweater or blazer. Dress for variable weather, as Napa County has microclimates and may be significantly warmer or cooler than San Francisco according to the season. You will be able to leave items in the vehicle, so please feel free to dress in layers.