Private Walking Tour of SoMa - the High Tech District
South of Market - fondly shortened to SoMa by locals - was once a hub for coffee industry. Now it's the ultra-modern hub of the hippest tech jobs, cafes, restaurants, and architecture. On your private walking tour of SoMa, you will:
- Pop into the SFMOMA for a spin around some of the city's most treasured pieces of art
- Visit the office buildings of several tech companies to see how they've adapted their style to the city - from Google's historic building to Salesforce's Gardens
- Relax and rub elbows with the locals in Yerba Buena Park and the Rincon Center, serving up the latest trends to the ultra-hip techies who have made SoMa home.
- Try some indulgent Ghirardelli chocolate, and if you're feeling wild: snag yourself an ice cream sundae, overflowing with chocolate syrup.
- If chocolate is not your vibe, instead get your fix of java at one of the many local roasters who cater to the frenetic pace of the neighbourhood.
- Finish your tour at the Ferry Building Marketplace, where you can shop from local artisans and farmers for souvenirs and snacks for the rest of your trip.
Your tour of SoMa is one of the best ways to immerse yourself in the buzzing high tech scene in San Francisco, without getting lost in it. Enjoy walking the streets with a local, private guide while enjoying the sights - from the masterpieces at SFMOMA to the gentle bell of approaching streetcars. Learn about the evolution of the neighbourhood and the several revivals it's been through since it emerged during the gold rush in the mid-nineteenth century. When your tour finishes at the marketplace, we recommend popping into one of the many restaurants or bars and enjoying a cocktail on the docks.