Private All-Incusive Wine Tasting Excursion in Sonoma County
Sonoma County is home to some of the state's most well-known wineries and appellations, including the Russian River Valley. Like all wine-tasting, the best way to do it is in an all-inclusive luxurious way. On your private, all-inclusive excursion to Sonoma, you will:
- Enjoy hotel pick up and a scenic drive in a luxury vehicle from the city to the rolling landscapes of Sonoma Wine Country.
- Enjoy a thorough introduction to tasting wine, principles of viticulture and oenology, and the history of Sonoma.
- Learn about over two centuries of wine-making in Sonoma along with the differences from its neighbour, Napa.
- Enjoy all-inclusive tastings at two different wineries, learning about each of their varietals.
- As you sip, seize the opportunity to become wine club members of wineries and have wine arrive at your door throughout the year.
- Enjoy a boxed lunch included. Be sure to let us know after booking if you prefer turkey, roast beef, ham, or vegetarian for lunch for you and each of your fellow travellers.
- Enjoy an easy trip back into the city with hotel drop-off by your driver-guide.
Sonoma's wine country is an easy trip outside San Francisco with equally dazzling wines to its famous neighbour, Napa. On your excursion, your private guide will whisk you away, so you can relax as your guide introduces you to the wineries where you'll be spending your day. Enjoy tastings at two wineries, lunch in Sonoma, and an easy transfer back to the city in the late afternoon.
If you're wondering about how to dress for this tour, the simple answer is: smart casual. While wine tasting tends to be an upscale luxury experience, Sonoma has venues that range from sophisticated to relaxed. Dressy jeans are very appropriate. Men’s jackets are not necessary, but a sport-coat is appropriate for cooler seasons. Women's attire during the daytime is sundresses, or jeans with a blouse, jumper or blazer. Dress for variable weather, as Sonoma County has microclimates and may be significantly warmer or cooler than San Francisco according to the season. You will be able to leave items in the vehicle, so please feel free to dress in layers.
Please note: while a picnic lunch is included, drinks are not provided with lunch. We recommend purchasing a bottle of wine at the first tasting to then enjoy while you're having lunch.