Half Day Highlights Tour in a Private Vehicle
Enjoy a private driving tour of Philadelphia’s highlights, finishing with entrance to the Philadelphia Museum of Art. On this tour you will:
- See the historic district, where the founders crafted many of the nation’s founding documents.
- Learn about Betsy Ross - her inspiration for making the first US flag and the events which shaped her life.
- Visit the famous ‘LOVE’ statue, where you can take your own memorable photo of your time in the city of brotherly love
- Enjoy the numerous sites of Benjamin Franklin Parkway - including Rodin’s ‘The Thinker’ sculpture, Fairmount Water Works, and the Free Library of Philadelphia.
- Climb the 72 steps to the art museum, known to film fans as the ‘Rocky Stairs’.
- End your tour at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, where your guide will give you tickets and advice on how to best see the museum’s collections.
Your private tour begins with an easy hotel pick-up in a private vehicle, for those staying in centrally located hotels. Enjoy an easy drop off at the first site, where your guide will take you on a poignant journey around the historic sites of the American Revolution where the seeds of independence were taking root long before a musket shot was fired. As you walk around Benjamin Franklin and Betsy Ross’s homes, along with the homes of numerous other founders, your guide will color in the missing details of life in Philadelphia during the period: about the political climate of the time, about the tension and excitement around the city.
From there, continue onto JFK Plaza where you can see one of the city’s most ‘instagrammable’ and recognizable sculptures: the LOVE statue. Hear why the replica of Indiana’s statue was also erected in Philadelphia, and hear about life as a local from your guide as you drive through the city. Then drive up the wide lanes of Benjamin Franklin Parkway, a street whose numerous sites could fill up a day on its own.
See Rodin’s ‘The Thinker’ and numerous other public sculptures outside the Rodin Museum, before descending the 72 steps to the top of the ‘Rocky Stairs’. From the summit, enjoy sweeping vistas across Eakins Oval, Philadelphia City Hall, and Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Your tour ends here, at the entrance to the Philadelphia Museum of Art, where your guide will leave you with entrance tickets to the museum. Feel free to ask your guide any questions about seeing the museum or other recommendations for exploring the City of Brotherly Love.