The Best of Philadelphia Highlights in a Private Vehicle
Enjoy a private driving tour of Philadelphia’s highlights, where you will explore the best of the city of Brotherly Love. On your private tour, you will:
- Enjoy hotel pick-up and drop-off by your private guide and vehicle.
- See the historic district, where the founders crafted many of the nation’s founding documents.
- Learn about Betsy Ross - her inspiration for making the first US flag and the events which shaped her life.
- Visit the famous ‘LOVE’ statue, where you can take your own memorable photo of your time in the city of brotherly love.
- Enjoy tickets to Philadelphia’s Magic Garden, with two levels of indoor and outdoor sculpture gardens.
- Enjoy the numerous sites of Benjamin Franklin Parkway - including Rodin’s ‘The Thinker sculpture, Fairmount Water Works, and the Free Library of Philadelphia.
Your private tour begins with an easy hotel pick-up in a private vehicle, for those staying in centrally located hotels. Enjoy an easy drop off at the first site, where your guide will take you on a poignant journey around the historic sites of the American Revolution, where the seeds of independence were taking root long before a musket shot was fired. As you walk around Benjamin Franklin and Betsy Ross’s homes, along with the homes of numerous other founders, your guide will colour in the missing details of life in Philadelphia during the period: about the political climate of the time, about the tension and excitement around the city.
You will also have a chance to see several of the city’s other highlights and recognizable sites, like the LOVE statue, Reading Terminal Market, and Rodin’s ‘The Thinker’ and numerous other public sculptures outside the Rodin Museum. You will also visit Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens (with tickets included), which is an immersive mixed media art environment that is completely covered with mosaics. The creator, Isaiah Zagar, used handmade tiles, bottles, bicycle wheels, mirrors, and international folk art to chronicle his life and influences.
At the end of your tour, your guide will take you back to your hotel or drop you off somewhere central in the city. Additionally, our team is happy to book your tickets to the Philadelphia Museum of Art –simply contact us in advance to reserve and book tickets. Note that this service is only available for morning tours and that the museum is currently closed Tuesday and Wednesday.