Full Day Highlights of the Statue of Liberty and Downtown NYC
Explore the highlights of historic New York City on a full-day, private tour. On your private tour you will:
- Visit Liberty Island and Ellis Islands and the 9/11 Museum, with tickets included.
- Enjoy booked priority entry into the Liberty Island Ferry Screening Facility Queue in Battery Park.
- See the Statue of Liberty up close and learn of her remarkable story, as well as her significance to modern America.
- Explore Ellis Island and the story of US immigration.
- Enjoy a breathtaking view over the Manhattan skyline from the water.
- Learn about New Amsterdam in the Historic District of New York, settled in 1624.
- See several of the area’s highlights, including Trinity Church, Battery Park, the Charging Bull statue and Fearless Girl statue.
- Hear about the modern financial system, as designed by Alexander Hamilton, and see several of the area’s main sites, including the New York Stock Exchange (external) and the Federal Reserve Bank (external).
- Visit the National 9/11 Memorial and see how the tragic events of 2001 are remembered.
- Finish your tour at Ground Zero with entrance tickets to the 9/11Musem, where you will be able to explore the museum at your own pace.
Please note that tour guides are not allowed to guide inside the Statue of Liberty Museum and the Ellis Island Immigration Museum. Your guide will give you full information on each island and then silently accompany you through the museums. He/she will be able to answer questions you may have but not actually “guide” you through the museums.
You will begin your tour at Castle Clinton, a former Fort in Battery Park, where you will board the ferry to the famous Liberty Island. Along the way, you will learn about the remarkable history of the Statue of Liberty, as well as its significance to modern America. From here you will also be able to enjoy a breathtaking view over the Manhattan skylines and harbour.
It is estimated that forty per cent of the entire US population can trace at least one relative's arrival to the US, through the port of New York and Ellis Island.
Boarding at Liberty Island, you will hear all about the fascinating history of the Liberty figure, and how this 100th birthday gift to America from France was shipped from Paris to New York, and finally unveiled after 10 years of construction in 1886.
After lunch, your tour continues in the heart of Wall Street, where the history of New York City began as New Amsterdam in the early 1600s. As you make your way through Wall Street you will discover how an 18th-century street bazaar would eventually become a centre for global commerce.
At the National 9/11 Memorial, your guide will share with you the history of the World Trade Center, discuss the tragic events of 9/11, and walk you through the Memorial’s design. The area is formerly known as 'Ground Zero' is now the site of a moving memorial and has indeed become an important historic landmark. Here your knowledgeable guide will tell you of the events leading up to the untimely destruction of the towers, as well as share some of the heart-wrenching stories of the families, survivors and 9/11 heroes. You will also visit St. Paul's Chapel, which miraculously survived the 9/11 attack.
Your tour finishes with entrance tickets to the 9/11 Museum. Your guide will take you to the queue, and give you your timed tickets before departing with you. Once inside the museum, you are free to explore the museum at your own pace.