Excursion and Airboat Tour of Louisiana's Ecological Wetlands
Experience the magnificence of one of the country’s largest wetland ecosystems first-hand, with a bit of adventure added in. On your Louisiana Wetlands Tour, you will:
- Be picked up and dropped off at your hotel, if centrally located in New Orleans.
- Board an airboat for a two-hour buzzing trip through the bayou.
- Learn about the wildlife native to the wetlands, including turtles, alligators, catfish, and birds.
- Hear about the efforts to preserve the wetlands from deterioration and degradation.
- Enjoy stories from your captain, a fearless local who is prepared for every adventure.
The cypress trees dripping with Spanish moss await you on your adventure into the heart of Louisiana’s wetland. Hop aboard an airboat for a day you’ll never forget - from whirring through the quiet of the low hanging bayou trees to the open spaces where a plethora of birds are waiting to be spotted by you. Enjoy the thrill of speed, while your guide talks about the native expansive ecosystem and the creatures which call it home. Your local guide will point out alligators - especially in the warmer months - and turtles, along with pointing out the native flora which give the swamps their iconic, eerie look. After two hours aboard the airboat, enjoy an easy transfer back into the heart of New Orleans.
This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 5, pregnant women, or people with neck and back conditions.
Note: This tour is a small group tour, which can be up to 10 people. Most group tours tend to be 6-9 people. Should you wish for a private tour, please contact us directly.