Private Excursion to Jack Daniels Distillery
Established in 1866 by Jasper Newton Daniel as America’s first registered distillery, Jack Daniel’s earned a gold medal at the 1904 World Fair. Today his recipe is unchanged by time, fad or fashion, remaining as authentic as it was a century-and-a-half ago and becoming the world’s biggest-selling American whiskey. On your excursion, you will:
- Enjoy a comfortable 90-minute private transfer to Lynchburg
- Learn the fascinating 150+ year history of the distillery
- Discover key ingredients in Jack Daniel’s age-old recipe on the Angel’s Share Distillery Experience
- See how spring water from the subterranean depths of Cave Spring Hollow plays a vital role
- Learn the raw ingredients that are transformed into a JD on-the-rocks
- Relax in comfort during the private transfer back to Nashville
- Don't fret about gratuities for your driver - a generous tip is already included in the tour.
More people sip Jack Daniel’s than any other whiskey and this perfect mix of corn, rye and barley has been enjoyed for well over 150 years. This excursion to the Jack Daniel's Distillery will take you on the Angel’s Share Distillery Experience through the production process, from charcoal-making at 2,000 degrees F and mellowing the honey-colour elixir to using handmade barrels to give the whiskey smoothness and complex notes. With the air thick with sour mash, learn how the colourless liquid is poured into barrels to emerge as the amber-hued taste of Tennessee. Soak up the stories and become immersed in the fascinating history of “JD”. Discover how state-wide prohibition in 1910 threatened production and what it is like to produce whiskey in a dry state.
Learn how spring water from Lynchburg’s Cave Spring Hollow gives the world’s most famous whiskey its unique taste. With water-carved limestone caves and underground wells, the rocky terrain of Tennessee's south-central region is geologically distinct from other parts of the state. Pure waters bubble up from subterranean depths, in mineral-rich torrents that are fresh cold, crisp and boast the clarity of newly polished glass. More than 800 gallons of water are drawn to the surface every sixty seconds in order to supply the world’s high-end bars, lowbrow booze joints and millions of clubs, pubs and cocktail bars with the rich-flavoured, best-selling whiskey on earth.
Note: you must be 21 years of age to participate in the Angel's Share Distillery Experience. Be prepared to show identification at Jack Daniel's upon checkin.